∟ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. ✔️

who is harrison wells?part two

part two

ANNA SAT ALONE in one of the side rooms in the Cortex, flipping through pages of her old journal that she had found at her mom's house months ago. Between every few pages was a picture of her and her mother, and sometimes her uncle was featured in them. But as she saw more photos of her uncle, she realized there was something off about the way he smiled.

She pulled out all the pictures of Harrison that she had and set them out in front of her according to the date written on the back of the picture. I don't of them was of Anna, her mother, Harrison and Tess just a few months before the car accident—that one came first. And the last one was a week before her mother was killed, this time with only Anna, her mother and Harrison.

As soon as Tess stopped appearing in pictures, her uncle's smile got smaller—as expected—but that wasn't the only thing she noticed.

Before the death of the love of his life, Harrison always smiled with a bright, toothy grin in every photo that Anna had featured in the journal. But after Tess stopped appearing, the toothy grin disappeared and he looked unhappy—again, understandable—but, the corners of his eyes didn't even crease like they always did whenever he was truly smiling.

On top of the extremely fake smiles, her uncle's eyes seemed darker and full of anger—not even the slightest drop of happiness glistened in his blue eyes.

Something's off, Anna thought to herself and furrowed her eyebrows, running her fingers over her uncle's face as her eyes darted at each photo that the man was featured in.

Footsteps pulled her out of her thoughts and she shoved the photos back into her journal, closing it up and sealing them away along with her suspicions.

Anna cleared her throat and patted the cover of her journal with her fingers then turned her chair around, her eyes meeting Barry's. "Oh, hey, Barr," she said softly and stood up, resting her hands on her hips. "How's Eddie doing?"

"He's fine," Barry replied and looked Anna up and down quickly, his eyes then meeting hers. "What're you looking at?" He asked and pointed toward the journal on the desk.

Anna turned around and picked up the book, running her fingers over the cover. "Just looking at some old photos that I had tucked in here," she said softly and furrowed her eyebrows. "Hey, I was wondering..." she turned around, her eyebrows furrowing in even more when she noticed how close Barry was standing to her. "Barry, what the hell are you doing?" She asked and swallowed hard, her cheeks turning red as she looked down at the boy's lips.