∟ 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧. ✔️

the man in the yellow suitpart one

part one

CHRISTMAS. THE BEST time of the year on the planet—if you celebrate, of course.

Christmas was a holiday that everyone seemed to love. It was a time full of joy and laughter, gifts and family, food and alcohol, of course. People loved it for different reasons, and one of the biggest reasons why Anna loved Christmas so much was the decorating.

Putting up a Christmas tree and giving it a set theme to match the rest of the decorations in your home, throwing up lights around your windows, hanging stocking around your fireplace if you had one—Anna's apartment didn't, so they just didn't have any stockings—and singing Christmas songs as loud as you could was what made Anna feel like Christmas had finally arrived every year.

But that wasn't happening this year, at least not today. The girls needed a new tree for their apartment because Shannon declared that their fake Christmas tree just wasn't cutting it anymore.

Neither of the girls had any time to even dig out the decorations from their closet

Emily was in the middle of moving out of the shared apartment and into a small house with Josh which left Anna and Shannon with an empty room on the left side of the hallway that they weren't sure they could ever fill—the whole apartment was littered with boxes and Anna wasn't sure what was for Christmas and what junk belonged to Emily.

"Couldn't you wait until after Christmas to move?" Shannon grumbled when she almost tripped over a large, empty box on the floor. She kicked the cardboard box as hard as she could and watched it tip over. "If I trip over one more cardboard box today, I will drop you through a portal to a deserted island, Emily!"

Anna sipped her hot chocolate and propped her elbows up on the small island, cocking an eyebrow at Shannon as she neared the kitchen. "I'm not sure if I should be scared of you now or not. If I piss you off in the slightest you could drop me out of the sky with one of your portals," she said and set her cup down on the counter, her fingers curling around it. "You're pretty terrifying anyway, but now you've just got this 'tude."

"What year were you born in? 1980? Who the hell says "'tude" anymore, huh, Grandma?" Shannon asked and leaned up against the island, her arms folded over her chest.

"First of all, Shan, if I was born in 1980, I'd only be in my thirties. Second of all, I'm pretty sure saying "'tude" isn't a grandma thing," Anna stated and smiled at her chocolate-skinned friend who furrowed her eyebrows at her. "What? It's the truth!"