∟ 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. ✔️

gorilla warfarepart two

gorilla warfare
part two

DESPITE HARRY'S EFFORTS, Anna decided that leaving him behind to handle Grodd alone was a bad idea. She couldn't risk losing Harry—losing her uncle. Not again. Not ever again. If she could prevent something from happening to him, there was no way that she would pass up that chance.

Anna stood outside the door that led to the room occupied by Grodd and Caitlin. She peered in through the dusty window and furrowed her brows, watching as the female scientist spoke to the overgrown ape. "This is an insane idea," she whispered and slipped away from the window, resting her back against the wall so she could face Harry. "Are you sure you want to do this? I could race in there and grab her."

"No. I have to do this," Harry answered and nodded his head firmly at the brunette standing head-to-toe in Swift gear. "I got this," he added and patted Anna's arm before slowly opening the door and slipping inside.

Anna closed her eyes and clenched her shaking hands into tight fists, blowing out a breath of air. She inhaled and exhaled slowly and quietly, trying to rid her stomach of the cluster of nerves that tangled around her intestines. "Everything's fine," she whispered and opened her eyes, leaning toward the door to carefully peek around the corner.

"Hey, buddy," Harry spoke deeply, disguising his voice so he sounded like Harrison Wells. Once Grodd growled and snarled, Harry's shoulders tensed slightly and he blinked. "Easy, buddy. It's me. I'm back."

"Father? You died," Grodd grumbled, his voice hoarse and deep. His voice was so loud, so close, that it almost sounded like it was echoing inside Anna's head, pounding against her brain.

"No," Harry said and shook his head, walking closer to Caitlin slowly as he shook his finger back and forth. "No, buddy. I didn't die. I just went away for a while."

"Alright, that's great, Wells. Keep talking," Barry spoke up through the earpieces that rested in Anna and Harry's ears, causing the brunette to let out a sigh.

"But now that I'm back," he began and pointed toward Caitlin, his brows furrowing slightly. "We don't need Caitlin anymore, do we, buddy? So, you can let her go," he continued and winked at the scientist as his head was turned out of Grodd's view. "Come on, buddy. Let me get her out of here. Please."

"Father never ask," Grodd growled, his nostrils flaring which caused Anna's eyes to widen. "Father take."

"Barry, I'm going in," Anna muttered and bolted into the room, running straight for Harry and Caitlin.