∟ 𝐭𝐞𝐧. ✔️

the rise and fall of hydropart two

part two

IT HAD BEEN three days since their first fight with the new metahuman by the name of Hydro, and there hadn't been a move from her since. While Shannon and Anna were busy with Barry, Hydro managed to get away from the three and disappeared just as fast as she had popped up on the radar. Everybody was pissed that the meta had gotten away after what she had done to Barry, but they were all just glad that the man in red was alive and well.

As soon as the trio returned back to S.T.A.R Labs via a portal that Shannon had created, everyone began questioning the caramel-skinned girl. The team learned that Shannon had gotten powers from the particle accelerator but they hadn't started showing up until a few days later. She had learned everything she could do on her own time because she didn't want to add on to the problems at hand with the evil metas that Barry, Anna and the team already had to deal with. Shannon could open up portals to other areas of the city as long as she could pinpoint exactly where she wanted to go, and she could throw blasts of energy as well as see things that could happen in the future—but the most exciting thing she saw from that ability was coffee cup falling off a table in Jitters, which she managed to keep from happening.

No one quite understood why Shannon had decided to keep her powers a secret, but they weren't mad—they all understood to an extent. Anna was happy that her friend had finally told them all and Cisco was overjoyed because he got to make another suit for another hero that would help save Central City. The long-haired boy had even shouted out a name for Shannon's hero alter ego: Rupture.

Anna sipped her hot chocolate quietly as she sat alone at the two-person table. Barry had finally taken her up on the lunch offer from three days ago, and she was overjoyed—but for the fastest man alive, he was forty-five minutes late.

The brunette leaned back and blew a raspberry with her lips, looking back and forth at both doors on either end of Jitters, hoping that she would see the dark-haired boy walk in at any minute. "Where the hell are you, Barry?" She asked herself quietly and pulled out her phone, unlocking it and pushing Barry's contact. She brought the phone to her ear and listened to it ring, her eyes rolling when it went straight to voicemail. "Great. I got stood up," she groaned and shoved her phone back in her pocket.

A warm hand rested on Anna's shoulder, causing her to look up and meet a pair of blue eyes that made her stomach swirl. The man smiled and cleared his throat, his eyes shifting to the empty seat across from the brunette. "Is that seat taken?" He questioned and then met Anna's brown eyes again, the small smile not leaving his lips.