∟𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. ✔️

rogue airpart one

rogue air
part one

ANNA SET DOWN the last cardboard box filled with her belongings on the new hardwood floor, smiling as she looked around at the living room and kitchen of her new apartment. She stepped away from the pile of boxes and rested her arms on her hips, looking around at the crisp white walls of the apartment, her smile growing larger.

After three short days of searching, Anna managed to find a small, one bedroom apartment in the middle of Central City that wouldn't cost a fortune to live in. Shannon moved out of their old three bedroom apartment and then Anna did the same the next day, using her speed, her friend with the portals, and her speedster partner to her advantage to get everything moved from her old place to her newer, much smaller apartment.

A gust of wind behind Anna blew her hair around, causing her to turn around and meet Barry's eyes—the boy who was still oblivious about the way she truly felt about him.

"You know, even though it's only got a couch and a table and it's a little bland, it's pretty nice," Barry said, his voice echoing slightly and bouncing off the walls. "In my opinion, the walls need a different coat of paint. Something to make the rooms look brighter."

"And what colour do you suggest?" Anna asked and rested her hands on her hips, raising her eyebrows because she knew exactly what colour he was going to say.

"Red."

"I knew it," Anna said and laughed, shaking her head. "I'm not painting my apartment red, Barry. It's too... you."

"And what's wrong with me?" Barry asked, raising his eyebrows at the brunette in front of him.

Nothing.

"Your ego, apparently," Anna said and laughed, pursing her lips as she looked at the boxes. "Help me unpack?"

"I helped you move everything and now you want me to help you unpack? God, Anna, you expect a lot," Barry jokes and walked toward the boxes, popping one open and looking inside. "Yeah, I'll help you."

"Good. Unpack as much as you can as fast as you can," Anna said and opened up a box, looking inside at some of her clothes. "Go," she said and began bolting around her apartment, putting things in the places they belonged.

It gave her time to think. Running around and packing things in their designated places with her partner gave her time to think about how she would tell Barry how she felt and what she would say; it gave her time to practice stupid and cheesy speeches in her head. But the hardest pill to swallow was that there was a possibility he'd shut her down. That maybe it was his turn to friendzone her like she had done to him when he ran back in time to stop the tsunami.