∟ 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞. ✔️

rupturepart one

rupture
part one

CENTRAL CITY HAD nobody to protect it from metahumans anymore. The police force did what they could, but they couldn't keep up with the overflow of metas. Shannon couldn't do her part as Rupture because Cisco had benched her because of her pregnancy that she had made known just a couple of days after Barry was killed. And, unfortunately, Cisco wasn't interested in learning how to use his abilities because he was still afraid he would fall to the dark side.

It had been a week since the city had lost its heroes—one more permanently than the other—and everyone was noticing the absence. No one knew what had happened to the speedsters—Swift couldn't speak about it; couldn't force herself to bring up the fall of the Flash and Swift.

The two suits that were a symbol for hope in Central City hadn't been touched in a week. That's seven days; that's 168 hours; it's 604, 800 seconds without the scarlet speedster and his partner in blue. That's seven days; 168 hours; 604, 800 seconds that Anna had gone without seeing Barry Allen's face; without touching him; without saying I love you to him; without seeing his smile, or his eyes. It pained Anna to wake up in the morning without Barry and to come to work and not see his face—it was taking a toll on the whole team, but the others had slowly come to terms with the loss of the scarlet speedster, leaving Anna swimming in guilt and sadness all alone.

The ex-speedster blamed herself for Barry's death. She took all the blame and weighed herself down, tearing herself apart from the inside out with guilt. If she had been smarter, begged a little harder, fought against Zoom, Barry would have been alive and she would have been dead instead. From the beginning, Anna was supposed to be the one lowered into the ground, not Barry.

They had a small, private funeral for Barry Allen, allowing them to say a proper goodbye to their friend and get the closure they deserved. Seeing Henry Allen cry over his son's casket being lowered into the ground was harder than the goodbye itself. Anna had put in a tough act, forcing herself to keep her sadness to herself until she got home and shut her apartment door so that no one would see her at her weakest moment.

All Anna wanted was to get her speed back—to be Swift again and save the city, save Caitlin, and stop Zoom. She didn't know what she'd have to do to get her powers back, but she was willing to try anything and everything.

"Hey, you," Harry called out from behind the ex-speedster, causing her to pull her gaze away from the two suits in front of her to glance over her shoulder at him. "You're here awfully late."

"Just wanted to stick around in case you needed some help with Jesse," Anna lied and looked back at the suits, folding her arms over her chest. "I'm glad she's back, by the way."