Worse

Hermione sat in her room alone as she often did. There was a book in her lap but she hadn't been reading for hours. She was staring at the words but didnt take any in. Today had been especially hard. Sometimes things would get so bad that she couldn't focus and she felt as though she couldn't function as a person. Today was one of those days. She knew of one thing that would make her feel better but she felt bad. Draco looked at her so sadly every time he saw new cuts. She didnt want to see that look on his face. She didnt know when she had started to care but she did. One of the only thoughts Hermione could focus on for more than a few minutes besides harming was him. She thought about the words he spoke to her in hushed tones whenever they met, his interested look when she spoke, the looks he gave her in the halls that she hopes non of her friends see. Coming out of her own head, Hermione looked at the clock and realized that she was late for dinner. She decided that she didnt need to eat that day. Instead she wanted to go to bed and try to sleep away her sorrows. It seemed to her like a better use of her time. Hermione put the unfinished boon on the night stand, turned off the lights and proceeded to lie awake for another few hours.

In the great hall, Dracos leg was shaking and his finger was aggressively attacking the table. He looked around anxiously every few minutes. He had seen Hermione looking worse than usual today. He didnt know how any one else didnt notice her swollen, red eyes. She had obviously been crying and no one seemed to notice. Based on what she had told him, he assumed that had made her feel worse. He was hoping to try and sneak her away during dinner and find something to make her feel better. But when he didnt see her there, he knew he would be seeing her later that night. The thought of what she might do on an extra bad day like this seemed to be made him cringe. Partially because he didnt know how far she might go.