Decisions

When Hermione got to their spot, she decided to bring up the public. She thought it would be best if they talked about maybe going public. Half of her wanted everyone to know and see how sweet and gentle Draco could be. The other half was terrified of what everyone would say and wanted to keep him her little secret. As she entered, Hermione saw that Draco was already sitting in their usual spot on the floor. She hurried in to join him.

     "Do you remember when you held me in the great hall?" She spoke softly, almost fearfully. She saw his face fall and that made her feel worse. Was he ashamed of his actions? What had he told his friends? Did he ever want to tell anyone about them? Her mind was racing and she began to dig her nails into the palms of her hands.

     "I think about it everyday. My friends asked all sorts of questions." Draco wouldn't look at her.

      "What did you tell them?" Her nails went deeper. Draco let out a loud sigh.

     "I lied. I told them it was a joke and that I whispered something in your ear that made you run off." His voice sounded small and fragile. He felt like he had hurt her terribly and he couldn't face it. As if she could read his mind, Hermione reached out and grabbed Dracos hand.

     "Its alright." She paused, contemplating what she wanted to say next. "Do you ever want to tell anyone?" Hermione squeezed his hand. She didn't do it on purpose but she was scared and it made her feel better.

     "Hermione I want to tell the world about how amazing you are and how much I want you. But I think I might be disowned." Be smirked at this comment, not because it was a joke but because of how ridiculous the truth sounded.

     "I know this isnt ideal and I know theres a lot at that could go horribly wrong but I dont want this dirty place to be the only place we have. I want to talk to you in class. I want to walk with you in the halls. I want to be with you whenever I want!" Hermione, feeling bold after her little speech, quickly moved closer to Draco. She placed a hand on his chest while still holding tight to the other and kissed him. It was soft and gentle, that is until Draco took control. He grabbed her waist with his free hand and closed any gap between them. Her hands went into his hair and the pair forgot about the rest of the world. This is how they spent the rest of their time here. No they didnt come to a decision but when it came time to leave, Draco walked Hermione to her common room hand in hand only to find harry sitting right outside of the entrance waiting for her to return.