Secrets

As she walked a thought popped into Hermiones head, the boys had never mentioned the time Draco hugged her in the great hall. Sure it was just a hug but it was one with someone who was supposed to be the enemy. Maybe Ginny convinced them to leave it alone or maybe they were preoccupied. Merlin knows how oblivious they can be. She had gotten questions from a few other people that she easily avoided and her and Draco had discussed telling people but they were both unsure. Draco thought he may be disowned. He knew how his parents would feel about all of this. He didnt want to be a bad person. He didnt get to choose sides. His side was chosen for him. It used to be no big deal to him to follow his parents but now he hated the idea of it all. Dracos mother alone would love Hermione. She, like Draco, was cold with the help of his father. Hermione was terrified of what Harry and Ron would say if they found out. All of gryffindor house would have a fit really. She already felt like an outcast and dating the meanest slitherin wouldnt help that one bit. But then at least she could sit with him at dinner and hold his hand in the hallway. She could laugh with him outside of this small cage of a bathroom. He didnt want to hide either. He wanted to be able to smile at her and tease her in a loving way instead of putting on a show of insults. He wanted to comfort her whenever she needed instead of when he could sneak away from his friends. He wanted to properly be able to protect her from anything. He wanted the world to know that she was his and she wanted the world to know he was hers. Yet at the same time, they both wanted to keep their secret love affair just that, a secret.