Tears

The trio sat awkwardly for what felt like forever. Hermione's foot was anxiously taping the ground as she waited for her friends to yell at her. To no ones surprise, Ron was the first to speak up.

"Why him? Why couldn't you have chosen any one else?" He looked like he wanted to cry and scream at Hermione but he was trying his best to stay calm for her.

"I didn't really choose him. It just happened. I didn't go looking for him. He found me. He saw how much I was hurting and tried to help. Hes different behind closed doors. He wants to be different all the time. He wants to be better and has helped me be better. He was there when no one else was." Hermiones voice trialed off. She knew she probably shouldn't have said that last part. She didn't want the boys to feel bad. It wasn't their fault. They were busy and they weren't good and showing emotions. Not to mention they both had their own problems to deal with. It was less that they weren't there for her and more the fact that she felt she should do it on her own. That is until someone forced her to except help.

"What about us? We're your best friends Hermione! We always are here to help you." Harry paused, reached for her arm and pulled up her sleeve. "We could have helped you. We could have kept an eye on you and made sure you weren't doing this. We should have done it on our own but if you would have told us we might have been able to make everything ok." There were tears running down his face now and Ron was holding his head in his hands, obviously fighting off his own cries.

"I didn't think you would want to know" Hermione admitted plainly. "You two are always so busy. You always has school work and quidditch practice or idk fighting the dark lord! You have your own shit you don't need mine too." Hermione looked down and with a quieter voice, continued spilling her thoughts. "And besides, who would care about someone like me anyway?" In an instant Harry scooped her up off the couch and began cradling her in his arms. It was like he was holding a scared child. Ron practically jumped out of his seat across from the pair and sat next to them. He began to rub Hermiones head before hugging both of his friends. Draco was quickly put out of everyones minds as ghe boys questioned how they had not noticed how much pain she was in. All Hermione could think about was how bad she felt for making them feel like this. She sat very still between the boys. If someone were to look at her at this very moment they would say she looked emotionless. Almost like a robot. Her best friends on the other hand were crying over her like she had died. Maybe realized that she had died inside. Or maybe they realized that some of the scars and cuts looked way to deep and that they should be far more worried about her than they ever thought they would be.