Beauty

Hermione sat where she usually did with Draco. She placed her hand on the cold floor next to her. She let a few tears go. There was so much going on in her head. Hermione thought about how her friends have been trying to help lately and all the time she has spent with Draco these last few months. She thought about how he looked at her and how he cradled her in his arms. Hermione found her own arms wrapping around herself as she felt an absent of warmth surround her. She felt like she needed to really cry but nothing but a couple stinging drops came. She sat for a while and kept thinking about everything good in her life. She tried to think of her studies, her family, her friends. Hermione reminded herself how beautiful the world around her was. Magic is beautiful. Nature is beautiful. People are beautiful. But somehow her thoughts kept going back to how she didn't deserve to see the beautiful things in life. She wasn't good enough for it. And even though she had someone who was obviously head over heels for her, she still felt as though she would never have anyone to share any of the beauty with. She didn't feel as though it was possible to love her. She knew in her head all of these things were wrong and she constantly reminded herself of it, but in her heart she felt all of these things so deeply. She felt like she could fall apart at any moment. She felt like it would better if she litterally fell apart. Then she wouldn't have to feel these things. Then people wouldn't get to call her names anymore. Hermione shook her head and tried to get that thought out of her head. She thought of Harry and Ron. She thought of how they held her the other night. She thought of how upset they were. She tried her best to picture them as they would be if she did what she was thinking about doing. If she really fell apart. Hermione thought that it would somehow change her mind. But all she could picture was her friends now caring. Again, she knew they would care but she couldn't help but think the worst.

Hermione stood and began to pace the room. She went to the mirror and stared at her tired features. She took her trusty tool from her pocket and pulled up her sleeve. She went into a frenzy. She began to make cuts. Small at first, but they got deeper. Before she realized it, there were tears flowing down her cheeks and cries were roaring from her throught. She began to feel dizzy as she saw red pool in the sink and on the floor. She felt herself fall bit she didn't feel herself hit the ground. As the world went dark, she heard the screams of the ghost that has been hiding from her for years and the door open. Before her vision went completely, she saw a pair of feet rush over to her.