Mine

Hermione cried for hours. She had stopped reaching for the blade after a while and curled into Dracos arms. The sobs faded very slowly and often picked back up before going down again. After they had fully stopped, Hermione sat motionless and stared at the wall. Draco tried his hardest to comfort her and not let her see that he was silently crying along with her. His heart broke at the thought of what she was about to do. His mind was screaming. His feelings for her were rapidly growing. But even if they weren't, no one should have to suffer so much that they wanted to end it. His eyes were glued to her. Draco sat looking at her looking at a wall for a long time. He was waiting for her to do something. The only thing that showed she was even alive was the slow movement of her chest from her breathing. Draco placed a kiss on her forehead and pulled her more to him. She snuggled into him.

     "Why did you stop me?" He didnt expect for her to say much today. He didn't think she would want to talk about it.

    "I could never let you do that" Draco said sternly but sweetly. He was beginning to tear up again. He didn't care if she saw this time. "You mean far too much to me and so many others."

    "Everyone would be fine without me." Hermiones tone was cold and bitter. Draco lifted her head so she was looking at him.

    "You have been the only thing on my mind for months now. The only person I've wanted to see or talk to. The only person I dont have to be the mean slytherin Draco Malfoy. With you I can just be Draco. You make me feel better. You make me feel like I can be a good person. There is no way in hell I could ever be fine without you." With these words Draco closed the distance between them with a soft, long kiss. When he pulled away, he looked her in the eyes for a moment before pulling her into a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around him.

    Draco had been wanting to kiss her for a while. He had kissed her on the forehead while comforting her once before tonight. The only reason he hadn't before was because he was afraid she wouldnt care for him. He was afraid she wouldnt want to see him anymore. But he decided that it needed to be done today. Draco has learned that Hermione often felt like she was unwanted and unloved. He thought maybe she would take it as a sign that she is cared for more than she knows.

     "You dont want me. I'm just messed up." She was crying again and tightened her hold on Draco.

    "Everyone is messed up Hermione. It doesn't matter anyway. No matter what, I want you to be mine."