Help

Earlier that night:

Ginny woke up to the sound of the door to the girls dorms closing. She looked around her to see who had left. She found Hermiones bed empty and unmade. Ginny thought she must be in the common room. So she went out to find her but she was gone by the time Ginny made it there. Hermione must have been in a hurry because when Ginny opened the door, she didn't see her anywhere. She decided to wait in the common room for her to return. The red head sat near the fireplace and waited. She got more anxious with every minute that past. She decided to tell Harry. Ginny remembered Hermione telling her the fun fact that girls can go into the Gryffindor boys dorms. No better time to test it. Ginny made her way to find Harry. It took a minute to see where he was but she found him eventually. She woke him and her brother up and motioned for them to follow her back down to the common room so they wouldn't wake anyone else.

"Hermiones gone" Ginny said when they were away from the rest of the sleeping wizards.

"What do you mean gone?" Harry's voice was sleepy. He was rubbing his eyes and struggling to stay upright.

"She left about 10 minutes ago. I have no idea where she went but I'm worried about her. There is obviously something wrong. There has been for a long time. Did you hear the things people were saying to her today? I'm scared." The witch was playing with the ends of her hair nervously.

In no time at all, Harry was on the move. Ginny and Ron followed close behind. He wrote a note. A note to Draco saying that Hermione had run off and that her friends were worried. It was short and simple. Harry knew that if anyone knew where she was it was him. He attached the note to hedwig and sent him on his way.

Draco and a few other slytherins were woken by a tapping at the small window. He recognized the owl right away and got up to retrieve the note. The other boys quickly fell back asleep and Draco practically ran to his destination. He was terrified of what she was doing. He thought she was doing ok today. Clearly he was wrong. As he neared the door he heard screams. He knew they weren't Hermione's screams. That bloody ghost. He opened the door and all he saw was red. And in the middle of all the red, he saw a sick looking girl who was struggling to keep her eyes open. He ran to her. She was out. She was breathing but she wasn't responding. He joined the ghost in the screaming. Only his screams were ones for help. He picked her up and brought her out of the bathroom, still yelling for help. He then saw professor McGonagall who must have been hearing myrtles screams and then his own. She rushed towards the pair and began to question what had happened. He couldn't speak. He opened his mouth and nothing came out except cries. Draco and the professor got Hermione to the hospital wing as soon as they could. She was placed in a bed. A sheet was put up and Draco was unable to see her. He waited for hours. He was joined by Harry, Ron and Ginny who were notified by the professor. Draco heard the situation being explained to the witch in full. He began to blank out. He looked at the wall and didn't look away until the curtain was pulled back the next morning.