Late nights

Hermione desperately wanted things to go back to normal. It had been a few days since her secret was revealed. Her friends agreed not to take her to the hospital wing or tell any professors. It took a lot of convincing. Harry being Harry wanted to fix it. But this wasnt something he could fix. She felt terrible because she could see how much it was hurting him. He felt like a horrible friend for not seeing how pain she was in. Hermione was like a sister to him and he was terrified by the fact that he couldnt do anything. She explained over and over that he could help just by being there but he wouldnt listen. People didnt often understand that detail. Not her friends or her parents. It had taken a long time for Draco to understand. Hermione was sure that was why she had fallen for him. He understood and did his best to do whatever she needed. Someone like that was a rare in her experience. She hadn't told her friends very many details. She hadn't told her how bad things had been and how long this has been going on. Obviously they saw the extent of the pain on her arms but she didn't have the heart to upset them any more than she already had. She also didnt tell them who had been helping her through it.

     Hermione had been longing to see Draco for the past few days but Harry and Ron had been watching her every move. They even insisted that she slept in the common room or came up to the boys dormitory. They tried every night and every night she was able to wiggle her way out of it. She was hoping to sneak out in the middle of the night and she decided tonight she would. Her and Draco had planned to meet in their usual location. Hermione creeped out of her dorm like she had so many times before. But this time there were others in the common room. She saw the other members of the trio sitting in dim light. They were facing away from her. She could hear sniffles and she couldnt tell for sure but she thought she saw Harry's hand come up and wipe his eyes. Hermione made herself hidden and watched her friends.

     "Why didnt she come to us?" Harry's voice was weak and harsh like he had been asking the same question without any answers. Hermione felt tears threatening her eyes. She put her hand to her mouth to ensure she didnt make any noises.

     "Maybe she didn't feel like she could." Ron sounded better than Harry did but not himself. It was hard to upset him. For the most part Ron always found something to smile about. No matter what was going on at home or what grade he got on his exams, he would smile when his friends needed him to smile. He would be happy so we could be happy. Hermione let out a small cry by accident. Her friends turned there heads to see who was intruding on their conversation. She can now see the misery written all over their faces and she breaks. Harry stares at her. Almost like he is unable to move. She has never seriously cried in front of her. She continued to cry as she feels his eyes on her. Out of no where Ron basically jumped out of his seat and went to wrap his arms around Hermione. She avoided him swiftly and ran towards the door. She couldn't face them. She couldn't face what she had done with her friends.

     "Let her go Harry" she heard behind her as she walked away.