Eyes

The day Hermione got out of the hospital was one she would love to forget. It had been 4 days since the incident. She felt as though she could have got up and left the next morning but they wouldn't let her. They said she was too weak and that her body needed a chance to make what it lost. She understood why she had to stay but that didn't make it any less frustrating. She hadn't been on her feet more than to go to the bathroom this whole time and even then someone escorted her, holding her arm the whole way there. It was usually Draco who did the escorting. That made it a little better. Especially since he had a ghost grip on her as they walked. He knew she wanted to do it on her own and he basically let her. Draco also convinced Madam Pomfrey and Mcgonagall to let him be the one to escort her to classes. They had a lot of the same ones anyway. Hermione still had no idea how he got them to agree but she was very grateful. Hermione was sitting at the edge of her bed with Draco getting checked one last time before she left.

"You're all set to leave whenever you're ready" the witch told the pair before walking off to another patient. Hermione had already changed out of the hospital gown and into her normal jeans and jacket. Draco was putting the books she had on her nightstand for light reading into her bag.

"Ready" Draco asked as he stood and put the bag on his shoulder. He then extended his hand to her, earning him a strange look.

"I don't need help walking you know" she said in her usual fiery tone.

"Can't I hold your hand?" Draco laughed and shook his hand, urging her to take it. Hermiones cheeks turned a shade of pink. She gave him her hand and they began walking to her common room to drop off her things. All the gifts would be delivered to the dorm at another time. The couple planned on going for a walk around the grounds. Draco suggested it. He thought it would be good for her to get some fresh air. He even said that she could invite her friends if she wanted considering she hasn't been able to spend real time with them in a while. She declined saying that they might tag along anyway once they saw she was out and about but she wanted a quiet walk.

When they got to the common room, Hermione took her bag from Draco who gave her a kiss on the forehead before she went in to put her stuff away. She entered the room to see too many Gryffindors looking back at her.

"Hermione!" "Welcome back!" "What happened?" "Are you ok?" Things were being shouted at her left and right. Her mind immediately shut down. She didn't answer anyone. She just looked around at all the faces looking back at her. "Back off a little guys" she heard Ginny shout. She looked in the direction of the voice and saw the redheaded witch approaching her. Hermione quickly cut the distance between them and handed Ginny her bag.

"Can you put this near my bed please?" She didn't wait for an answer. She just turned around and left the chaos behind. As soon as she was out of the common room she grabbed Dracos hand and practically dragged him outside. She wasn't sure what just happened. She just couldn't handle everyone. Mcgonagall and her friends agreed that they would tell her classmates that she had the flu or something. Some of them seemed to he suspicious of that answer. She didn't want everyone to know what she had done. She wanted to put it behind her. She was obviously hoping she wouldn't have to be here for the aftermath. Mcgonagall did mention that all the professors would be notified of the situation in order to better help her if she needed it. She was fine with that until she started to see them poking their heads out of their classrooms to get a glimpse of her and Draco.