A Hug

Hermione woke the next morning feeling like she didnt. She woke barely feeling anything. Her body didnt want to move. So she didnt. She had class but she didnt care. The brainiac didnt care about missing a lesson anymore. She knew it would increase her stress later but for now it gave her less to have to do. A few hours went by. She stayed still. There was a knock on the door.

    "Come to dinner Hermione" the red headed witch gently demanded. Hermione knew Ginny was starting to worry about her. Ginny noticed when she stayed in bed all day, when she only played with her food, when she looked down at her feet and wouldn't look up. Hermione didn't like worrying her friend. But she didnt want to get up.

    "I'm not eating if you don't go" Ginny said as she took a seat on the bed. Hermione took a long breath. That's the last thing she wants. She slowly got up. Very slowly. Ginny looked at Hermione sadly as she struggled to lift her limbs. Ginny was just grateful she was coming.

    They walked slowly down the corridors. Hermione was too tired to go very fast at all. Even though she had been resting all day she still felt exhausted. Ginny patiently slowed her pace to keep along side her friend. When they finally got there, Hermione sat down with Ginny on one side of her and Harry on the other.

    "Where have you been all day?" Harry had concern in his tone and Hermione once again felt guilty for causing her friends to worry.

    "I wasnt feeling well." Its wasnt a lie. It just wasnt the whole truth. Harry dismissed it and went back to his food. Ron on the other hand never turned his attention away from the food. That was fine with her though. Ron didnt understand these types of matters. He has never experienced it for himself and wasnt the most sensitive person. Harry tried to be supportive but he also wasnt the best at showing his care. So, with her friends occupied, her mind turned to Draco and how much she needed a hug. She subconsciously looked around the room and spotted him quickly. He was already looking up at her. Their eyes locked for a moment. Draco saw that Hermione was having an especially bad day. He could tell just by looking at her. He had learned her face. Draco learned how she showed her emotions. From the slightly darker circles under her eyes to frizz in her hair to the messy clothes. All of it told him that she was struggling. She always cleaned herself before leaving her room or that bathroom no matter what. The fact that she abandoned that routine worried him. Moving on instinct he stood and walked towards her, never breaking eye contact. His friends followed most likely because they thought they might witness a fight. Hermione stood. Her friends eyes shot in her direction and then to Draco. Strange looks were exchanged all around them. Hermione took a few steps to shorten the distance. Draco stopped with about a foot between them. He reached one hand up and brushed loose strands of hair out of her face before pulling her into a hug that shocked the whole school.