Breakfast

The next morning was not a good one. She hadn't had a morning like this since Draco saved her from herself. Hermione wanted to stay in bed but she thought maybe it would be a little better. Maybe the boys would be a bit more understanding when she stared off and stopped listening. Maybe they would notice a little more. It was strange. She wanted them to see what she was going through but she didn't want to tell them. She didn't want to be annoying about it and even now that they know what's going on, she still wanted to be the same strong Hermione. She didn't want things to be different even though the way things were killed her sometimes.

It was lunch time before Ginny pulled Hermione out of bed. Ginny always made sure she ate and had a book by her bed on days like this. She didn't know anything besides the fact that Hermione had bad days. The two girls made their way to the great hall and joined the rest of their friend group. They were all talking and laughing. It made her feel a little better to see her friends happy again instead of how they has been last night. She always wanted to see their smiles no matter what was happening. Hermione didn't contribute much to the conversation though. She mostly just played with her food while resting her head in her hand. Harry, who was seated beside her, put his hand on her arm. Without looking up at him, she put down her fork and opened her hand signaling for him to take it. He held her hand and slowly rubbed the back of it with his thumb. Just then, Harry leaned in and whispered in her ear.

"He's looking at you. If you want him to sit here I'll go get him for you but just remember that a lot of people are this table will throw a fit. Are you ready for that?" She wasnt ready for it. But she needed him today. She needed him to hold her and talk to her and tell her it was alright. And she didn't particularly want to sit on a dirty bathroom floor today. She nodded her head. "I'll be right back then." Harry stood and walked over to Draco and all his friends. Ron looked at him and then looked back at me and nodded. Hermione hadn't looked in the mirror today but if she had she would have seen yesterday's mascara all around her sunken eyes and the paleness of her skin that made people who payes attention see how broken she was that day. Nevel and Ginny had began talking asking what Harry was doing and others at the table began to join in. Hermione felt her cheeks start to burn as she put her head down onto her crossed arms. A few moments later, a silence fell over the entire group and she felt a hand start to rub the back of her head. She felt someone take a seat on each side of her. She assumed Harry had retaken his seat and as a hand snaked around her waist she knew who had taken the other. She didn't look up but she heard things such as 'what are you doing here' and 'get away from her'.

"Its alright just go with it." Ron sounded annoyed but it meant a lot to her that he isn't getting angry. Hermione finally lifted her head and saw all of her friends who were staring at her in disbelief. She then looked st Draco who gave her a small smile. She leaned into him and heard some aggressive whispers but she ignored them. She was content for the first time all day and she wasnt going to let prideful Gryffindors ruin it.