Walks

Hermione was relieved when they finally made it outside. They slowed their pace.

"Want to tell me what just happened?" He gave her a worried look as he questioned her.

"There were just too many people that's all" Hermione looked away from him. "They were all staring and shouting. It was just too much!" She stopped walking and they picked a spot on the grass to sit. She leaned against him and continued. "And did you see the professors as we walked by?" Hermione rolled her eyes and let put an aggravated sigh.

"They're all just worried about you. They all want you to get better." He put his arm around her and brushed some hair out of her face. He was trying to be as caring as he could with her. He knew it was going to he rough for her now in a different way than before. It killed him to even just have to stay behind while she went into her own common room. There would also be a professor outside of her door at all times of the night which meant they wouldn't be able to sneak out and see each other for the time being. That's part of the reason why he argued so much to he able to escort her places by himself. He wanted her to be able to escape if she needed to. And they would also be able to have some alone time incase she needed to talk about something or they wanted to do other things.

"If you ever want to get away just tell me ok? Just tell me and we'll go to our spot ok?" Draco had said it to her while she was in the hospital too but he wanted to make it clear.

The pair continued to talk about random things until it was time for dinner. They made their way to the great hall and to Hermiones surprise, Draco asked if he could sit with her friends.

"I just don't know if you wanted to just be with them or if I would be intruding." He was genuinely worried about the situation and Hermione found it a little cute. She simply smiled at him, took his hand and led him to where her friends were already sitting. They would have to except him anyway so he might as well sit with them. There were dirty looks from a few students but most just looked away. No one said a word to her about it. Hermione guessed that that's just what happened when you do what she did. I guess that's a perk to this situation. She giggled to herself at that thought. No one noticed besides Draco who just smiled at her laughter.

"How are you feeling Mione" Ron asked after a moment of silence. He looked happy to see her. Once the question was asked a few more pairs of eyes turned to her, waiting for an answer.

"I'm alright" she said with a small smile. She was actually doing alright at this point. She was still a little freaked out from earlier but the quiet time outside really helped along with the lack of questioning now.

People were still making their way into the great hall at this time including the twins who came and squeezed there way between her and Draco and her and Harry. They both sat facing her. Before she knew it, she had two sets of arms engulfing her and then she heard both of the boys quietly say "We love you Hermione" at once. They must have been told by their siblings. They were then on their way to their normal spots and Draco slid closer to her once again. She wasn't used to getting this much attention but atleast its positive. She still didn't like it that much. Hermione liked quite and calm. She liked small groups. She didn't like being the center of attention and as the meal went on the subject matter had somehow began to switch back to her and she was being questioned again. She took Dracos hand and squeezed it hard.

"Hermione do you want to go for a walk?" Draco asked loud enough for her friends to hear. She nodded her head and they left.