Oblivious 11/ SWITCH

"... if you need ... anything at all Commander McGarrett ..." The too-thin, fortyish woman purred to Steve.

"We appreciate your help, Ma'am, but that'll be all. Thank you, Ma'am." His voice was tight and cold as Steve removed the witnesses' hand from where it rested on his forearm as he took a step back. He shuddered inwardly as he walked away.

"If you change your mind about it ... and there's something I can ... do ... don't hesitate to contact me." She called after him. Her predatory smile hadn't dimmed since she'd laid eyes on Steve. It grew when she sat down to give him her account of the day's events.

The witness had been very, what Danny would call, 'touchy feely'. Putting her hand on his arm, brushing her knees against Steve's as he sat across from her at the makeshift interview table they'd set up in the courtyard of the posh executive building. Eventually realizing Steve was completely oblivious of her attempts to get his attention, she blatantly propositioned him. Complete with details, until he'd firmly told her he wasn't interested.

When he'd tried to assign the interview to Catherine or Kono the woman was so derogatory Steve had immediately shut her down and took the interview himself. Not that they couldn't handle a bitchy executive, far from it. But it had been a long day. Neither Cath nor Kono needed a self-entitled nasty piece of work giving them grief. After the two women had been first on the scene of a possible domestic terror threat, they had taken the helm and evacuated 1,325 people.

Steve walked up to where Danny was finishing an interview with a young mom and her son. He smiled at his partner's natural affinity for kids as Danny thanked the woman, ruffled the boy's hair and offered his hand for a high five. The three year old delightedly slapped Danny's hand and laughed with glee. "Bye bye, Dee-teck-ive Danny!" He waved.

"Bye, bye, Daniel. You keep reminding your mom she has great taste in names." Danny smiled at the woman. "Thanks again, Ms. Fujimori. Take my name-buddy home and get him a nap. You've both had a long day."

"I will. Thank you, Detective Williams, for being so kind." The woman lifted her boy into his stroller and made her way out of the courtyard. Little Daniel looked over his shoulder and waved at Danny, who waved back until they turned a corner and were out of sight.

"Hey." Danny said as he focused on Steve. "All done with Boney Maroney over there?" Danny indicated the woman who bore a striking resemblance to the cartoon version of Cruella DeVil. "Do I need to say oblivious to you, Partner or was that one so obvious even you realized she was looking at you like today's plate lunch special?" Danny laughed at Steve's look. "Good thing she didn't offer you a sip of her water, I'd be afraid she'd roofie you."

"Don't even ..." Steve held up a hand and glanced around. "Did Catherine notice?"

"Why?" Danny snorted. "If she's never been jealous of the other ones that beast won't even blip her radar."

"Jeal ... hell no, of course not, it's just that this time Cath can't call me oblivious.

"Yes, she can. You didn't notice."

"I noticed after ... awhile. She kept brushing her knees against my legs. I stood up to finish the interview, but then she grabbed my arm. I noticed ... eventually. That counts." Steve argued. Partly because he really didn't notice until the woman out-and-out propositioned him but he wasn't planning to give his partner more ammo to rib him with.

Danny snorted in disbelief. "Catherine can still bust your chops." He grinned. "I'm getting a coffee, want anything?"

Steve shook his head. "I'm good. I'm gonna see if Catherine is getting anywhere with Hoover. This has something to do with him. I can feel it."