Inevitable Part 2

" Steve "
" Hey Cath, sorry to just stop by but I just wanted to catch you before you leave, just to say I'm glad you reached out and came to 5-0 for help."

He gave her one of his gentle smiles and she found her mask slipping, she gave him a soft smile back and said " of course " then aware they were both awkwardly standing in the door way, she gestured " Uhm did you wan to come in" neither of them sure what to do. Steve nodded and and walked past her. As Catherine shut the door she muttered to herself " what am I doing ?!" .

As she walked back into the room turning to look at Steve as he realised that she looked upset, like she had been crying " hey, what's wrong, are you Ok ?" " I'm fine" Not believing her he reached out his hand to her cheek slowly caressing and rubbing away the tears. Without even thinking about it Cath leaned into the touch. Then in a way that only happens when he looks into her brown eyes everything else around them seems to disappear. She still has that affect on him after all these years.

Then she's up against the wall, he's kissing her as if his life depends on it, she's kissing him back harder, they have thought about this kiss since she got in the car 18 months ago. The passion hasn't gone away, it's intensified if anything. She has her legs around him, her hands tangled in his hair, his massaging her arse, holding her close to him he moves them to the bed, frantically removing clothes ,her matching his pace their need to be close, together as one being escalates.

"Wow " he rolls off her giving her one of the smiles, he has only reserved for her. " Wow" she mirrors his reaction and rolls over so they are looking at each other, side by side. The smile she gives him both mends and breaks his heart at the same time. They have no idea what they are doing but the content smiles allow him to reach over and start off a slow kiss. " Inevitable" she mutters " Hmm ?" " You and me , we just feel inevitable." he smiles that she still feels that pull too. He reaches over and this time it's slow and loving, he knows she loves the hard and fast of earlier but just making love seemed right in that moment.

She can feel the moment he puts his guard back on, he stiffens, no one but her, maybe not even he himself, would be able to recognise it, but she knows, she knows she should put hers back on too, but after two years of loneliness she just can't bring herself to let him go just yet." Just stay" she murmurs and cuddles in closer," let's just pretend for a little bit longer". She knows when he gets her, knows that he understands she's not giving him any promises, that she's not asking for anything from him either, but that everything always feels right when they are together in each other's arms like right now. He pulls her in a little tighter and waits until she's fallen asleep before he finally shuts his eyes too.

When he wakes he can feel her watching him " morning Lieutenant " " morning Commander" he gives her a small peck on the mouth and with a sad smile asks " what time's your flight ?" " Soon" . Steve gives a sad nod and Catherine says " I'm going to take a shower. ... Aloha Steve " realising their will be no big goodbye this time Steve reaches over and gently kisses her forehead. " Aloha Catherine " She can't resist one last look before she shuts the bathroom door not knowing when or if she will see him again.