Inevitable Part 9

Again they lapsed into silence before Steve built up the courage to ask " earlier you called Hawaii home, would you think about making it your home again ?" Steve held his breath awaiting her answer, he knew he had phrased it as Hawaii but really this was the big question, would she stay with him. " Yes, that's the plan, I've been working on getting out of CIA since I found out, I have to go to Washington for debriefing in 5 days which might take about a month but then I'm free, unemployed and knocked up but free and I'll be back on the island full time." Not wanting to make an issue of how disappointed he was to hear that she would be gone for a month he just focused on the five days. " So I have you here for five days, let's go away, after the appointment tomorrow. Just me and you, no CIA, no Five-0, no phones just lets have fun, talk, maybe even figure out a strategy for what kind of mommies and daddies we are going to be ?" laughing at how absurd thinking about her and Steve as a 'mummy' and 'daddy' was, Catherine gave Steve a slow kiss and was overly excited. " Sounds perfect, we could hike up and camp at some of the old trails like you and your dad used to do." Even more excited Steve quickly agreed before thinking about he had gone with Lynn to the fancy spa and Steve really wanted to treat Catherine right and she was pregnant so maybe she shouldn't be camping. " Would it be better for the baby if we went to Maui- we could go to a spa ?" Laughing Catherine responded " the baby will be fine, I'm not even really showing and I was sleeping in a cave for the first month of its life, plus what would we do in a spa... get facials and do yoga, that's not really our kind of thing." Smiling Steve agreed and it made him realise how right this felt compared to anything, facials and yoga included, that he had done with Lynn.
The sun had now set and Steve could feel the last 48 hours catching up on him and could see that Catherine was nearly asleep in his arms. " Have you had dinner ?" Steve asked whilst Catherine lazily replied " Dinner or ' Dinner' " , with an insinuating lift of the eyebrow. Chuckling Steve responded with " actual dinner dinner, food, but I have missed your dirty mind, c'mon I'll whip up an omelette for us." Smiling as they walked back up to the lanai with his arm around her waist, he realised just how much he had missed their easy banter. Grabbing her back, he now spotted by the door, he took her inside. Sharing the omelette Steve then nervously asked " will you stay ?" uncertain Catherine responded " I'd like to but I can stay in a motel if it's any trouble." standing in front of her Steve dipped his head down to give her a gentle but meaningful kiss, making clear he not only wanted her in house but in his bed, " I've always slept best when you're beside me"
Planning just to go to sleep, she had been on a 20 hour flight and he had been on a case for the last two days, they soon fell back into their old rhythm, laying down next to each other the kissing started out slow and gentle, before Steve rolled on top of Catherine, gently to avoid putting any pressure on her stomach. After they stripped off their clothes Steve marveled at the slight bump in Catherine's belly, without her clothes you could see that she was showing as the rest of her was so thin, Steve making a mental note to stock up on foods to ensure that after months spent in war zones she would enjoy some richer foods. Steve was so gentle with Catherine and didn't lose eye contact with her the whole time they made love. Pouring all of the emotions and stress of not only the day but the last few months, since they had seen each other. They filled each other and both reaching their climax once again declared their love for each other before falling asleep, soundly wrapped together.