Inevitable Part 4

Catherine wasn't the type of girl that normally took this long getting ready for dates, well the ones that were few and far between, to be honest she didn't have a lot of spare time between being promoted to Lieutenant and with her and Steve both being based out of Coronado for the last few months they tended to hang out when she wasn't working. Having done her hair and makeup she now still couldn't decide if this was a date or not. Looking between her jeans or a new emerald dress, she recently picked up when on shore leave in the Middle East. She didn't want to embarrass herself if this wasn't a date but she was always in jeans when she wasn't in uniform so maybe she should make more effort, then he might notice her in that way. She shook her head, gosh she didn't even know if she wanted him to look at her in that way. Laughing at herself, of course she did, he was Lieutenant Commander Steve J. McGarrett and every girl on base, and off for that matters, wanted him to notice her. Grabbing the dress she made the decision, she could always laugh it off by saying it's new and she doesn't get a chance to dress up often if he asked why she was so dressed up. Putting it on she noticed it was slightly more revealing than she had thought but with a knock on the door she didn't have a chance to lose confidence and change.

"Wow" Catherine smiled at Steve's inability to form any more words and enjoyed the look on his face, which was the response she was hoping for and she was pleased to see that Steve was in a smart baby blue shirt and smart jeans, even if he did still have the sleeves rolled up in his signature look so you could still catch a glimpse of his tattoos. " You like?" she did a mock twirl laughing as she grabbed her bag from the bed. Turning back around Steve was right in front of her, her small apartment having just the room other than her tiny bathroom. Being that close to each other the energy in the room changed. Steve put his hands either side of her hips stilling her and they licked eyes, both of them knowing this is what they wanted even if they had been denying it to everyone that had asked. It was Steve who lent down to kiss her, soft but full of desire. He pulled away gently and smiled at her, checking she was ok whit his kiss. She smiles reassuringly at him " so are we really doing this?" Her bright smile gave him the confidence to respond with
" we are really doing this" and he lent on for a second kiss.

Later that evening Catherine chuckles " I really did want Indian you know" lying naked facing each other, smiling Steve leans in for another kiss " and I really did make reservations but I don't think we could have done that in the restaurant." Catherine now took the time to check his body and his wounds, lazily tracing them with her fingers to reassure herself that he was ok, this was real and the two of them had really just had sex. Happy and content she put her head back down on his chest and listened to his heartbeat.
" Cath, I really did want to take you to dinner, I don't want you to think ..." silencing him with a kiss she reassures him they are on the page " Commander, we've been doing the talking and dinner thing for too long, we've got pretty good at it, I think it's ok to focus on getting good at the sex thing for a while " with that Steve flipped her over so she was lying underneath him, " you don't think that was good? Well Lieutenant, then we will need to keep practicing ."