Chapter 2

I'm coming home.

- Skylar Grey

R U B Y  J A N E

Five Years Later

"Mrs. Park, here are the files sent to you from SM Entertainment." My assistant says as she hands me the files of a group of artists from SM Entertainment to sign deals with my clothing business.

It's been five years since that awful accident. Sadly, only a few memories returned, and I couldn't help but accept my fate. Making new memories wouldn't hurt. I have everyone who has been patient and supported me here. I'm fine. Sooyoung was the assistant CEO of SM Entertainment while I took over mom's clothing business.

I've been living here in New York, yet my heart feels empty. Was it because I missed the life I had in Korea? Mom didn't want me to go back there because of the accident. My best friend, Kim Jisoo, is there, and mom only talked about her once, which was months ago. My friends here are not close to me, and I want to know who I was before. And Kim Jisoo is the only one that might help me regain my memories back. I rubbed my temple and sighed deeply.

"Is everything okay, love?" A voice startled me.

Sooyoung walks her way to me and cups my cheeks worriedly. I sigh again before giving a reply.

"I think I need a vacation."

"Vacation? Where would you like to go? Didn't you say you wanted to go to Paris? We could-"

"I want to go home." She looks at me, confused.

"Home?" She asks again.

"I want to go back to Seoul."

"Lov-"

"I don't feel at home here, Sooyoung-ah. At least give me a few months in Seoul." I pleaded, and I knew she was fighting in her head. 

She sighs and looks at me. "Then whose going to be with you?" She asks softly. 

"Mom once mentioned that I had a close friend."

"Kim Jisoo..." I heard her mumble, and I felt my heart beating fast.

She knew about Jisoo yet never mentioned her name to me before. Why did no one ever mention Jisoo? Mom said that we were like sisters. But why didn't she let me see her or even visit me? A shot of pain went into my system from those assumptions.

"I'll allow you to go back home." She says, and I swore I smiled so widely because I was finally about to leave this place.

"But, promise me you'll be alright? I can't be with you in Seoul since I have an important project pending." I nodded my head attentively. Although SM Entertainment is situated in Korea, being the assistant CEO meant she handles the business outside Korea.

She smiles sadly and kisses my forehead. "I'll try to work on the project fast so I can be with you in Seoul."

"And you'll take me to the places we've been before, right? All those adventures and food trips?" I say. I can't wait to revisit those places, especially where Sooyoung and I first met, our dates, and even our wedding.