Chapter 23

(A/N) I apologize if I get the route wrong because I have never been to Tromsø. Also, most pictures aren't from the place but from parts of Norway. 

~~~

J E N N I E

The flight from Seoul to Tromsø was thirteen hours. Once we landed, we decided to take a stroll around the city since it was still daylight and got to rent a van throughout our stay here in Tromsø. 

I stared at the scenery once we got off the van and took a stroll around the city. I was amazed by how colorful Tromsø city's wooden houses can contribute to simultaneously making this place so lively and beautiful. It also contains the highest number of old wooden houses. Troms speak Norwegian, which shares the same vocabulary as English. 

Chaeyoung and I were strolling as we continued exploring the houses. It was a beautiful sight indeed.

Throughout the walk, I remained silent as I admired Chaeyoung, who was busy admiring the houses. We separated from Lisa, Jisoo, Sooyoung, and Chanyeol and decided to meet later. I walked beside her and moved away for me to give her the distance she needed.

"You know, you're missing out on the fun if you keep thinking about something else." Her voice interrupted my thoughts as I saw her already staring at me.

I was caught off guard when she said those exact words. Why? Because I used to say those words to her whenever I took her somewhere, and sometimes her mind wanders off. 

"W-What?" I stuttered and blushed when she gave me a smirk.

"Is something bothering you?" She asked, and I didn't know what to say. Should I tell her I was bothered by how to make it up with her? Or lie and think of something else that will lessen the complications between us?

My cheeks started warming when she suddenly grabbed my hand and took me somewhere. These feelings I've been having right now all felt nostalgic. It was like I was back in high school, where Chaeyoung and I would always hang out whenever we got bored.

We stopped by a lake, and she took a deep breath. "Are you cold?" She asks, and I shake my head no. She holds onto my hand again and stares at the view in front of us.