Chapter 20

C H A E Y O U N G

I'm in love with a woman I know not to unlove. My heart will never be free. I waste my days, knowing she won't love me back. 

~~~

"Chaeyoung!" A sweet familiar voice called, and I smiled, knowing who it was from. I saw Jennie waving her hand with her legendary gummy smile. 

"You need anything?" I asked once she was in front of me. It had been a few months since we bumped into each other, and when she returned my notebook. We started hanging out after classes, and sometimes Lisa would join us. Lisa and I had different schedules, while Jennie and I had most of our plans together, resulting in us getting closer. 

"Nothing much. Where do you plan on going after class?"

"Probably at the garden?" I questioned, and Jennie groaned, making me chuckle. "Why? got any better ideas there, Nini?" 

Jennie smirked, then grabbed my hand, and we ran somewhere off. "You bet I do! Let's go!" She turned back, and it felt like time slowed for a minute: her sparkling eyes, lively mood, and genuine smile. For the first time, my heart was acting nuts. We've been together for a month now, yet today was different.

~~~

"Chaeyoung! What are you doing?"  Jennie groans as she focuses her camera on me. She took me to a cafe to escape the stressful life in school. 

"What am I doing? I should be the one asking you that! Stop that!" I fought back, and she just giggled, making me smile at how childish she could get.

"You know, whether you like it or not, I'm gonna keep these pictures," She says, making me question why. I placed down the menu and stared at her.

"Why?"

Jennie smiles. "Because it's the only event and time a photo can give."  She explained, and I swore on Joohwangie's fishbowl that my heart flipped.  I couldn't believe this girl was making me go insane and feel something I couldn't figure out. 

*click*

I slipped into reality when I heard a noise and saw Jennie smirking as she held her camera. That's when I realized she had taken a picture of me looking like an idiot! I widened my eyes at how sneaky she was.

"Nini! How could you?" I pouted as she continued to chuckle. 

"Don't worry, Chaeyoung-ah, it's a great photo." She happily exclaims and shows me the photo.