Chapter 4

I can't unlove you.

- Raphaella 

C H A E Y O U N G

When I find myself in times of trouble

Mother Mary comes to me

Whisper words of wisdom

"Let it be"

And in my hour of darkness

She is standing right in front of me

Whisper words of wisdom

Let it be

Let it be

Let it be

Let it be

Let it be

Speaking words of wisdom

Let it be

I stopped my fingers from playing the grand piano. It has been five years since that tragic year I lost everything. I wonder how everyone is doing? The company, my parents, and most especially Jennie. She must be happy now, knowing she's never contacted me. Though it still worries me if she is doing fine.

I have kept myself hidden from the harsh world. I lock myself inside the house to reminisce, think, write, sing songs or drown myself in alcohol. Aside from Lisa, the piano, guitar, and alcohol have been my closest friends. They have been keeping me alive and comfortable throughout the years.

I sighed and took a break from playing and singing. I got up and saw Lisa on her phone, probably talking to her girlfriend, Jisoo, who I met two years ago. They're both lucky to have each other. I opened the fridge, took out bottled milk, and poured it into my glass. Soon after, Lisa shows up, still on her phone.

"You mean your best friend? What was her name again? Ruby Jane? You want her to meet me?"

 She talked while I drank the milk as I leaned on the counter.

"You guys are coming to Jeju? Really!?" Lisa exclaims happily.

"I'll pick you up. Text me soon. Love you!"

Once Lisa ended the call. I raised my eyebrows when she looked at me.

"Jisoo's visiting us alongside her best friend."

I nodded, not caring who was who. If I remember correctly, I met Jisoo sometimes because we had busy schedules.

"And who's this friend of hers?"

"Her childhood best friend, Ruby Jane."