Chapter 8

C H A E Y O U N G

I walked until we got in my car. I slowly placed her on the passenger seat and buckled her seatbelt. I sighed as I stared at her; I didn't want to look like a creep, but it seemed like this girl's beauty could make everybody stop and stare.

As much as I wanted to go home, I decided to go by the cliff, which had a view of the ocean. Though it's dark, the waves keep me calm alongside the silent atmosphere. I'm sure Ruby Jane won't mind. She's asleep anyway. So, I adjusted her seat to make it lie down for her to be comfortable. Luckily, I prepared a blanket and a pillow on the backseat along with my guitar. I'd keep it in the car whenever I needed a place to go if I couldn't find the peace I  was seeking in the villa. But I hardly go out, and I needed a breather. So, why not?

~~~

Once we arrived at the cliff, I turned off the car and slid down the windows. I slowly got out and grabbed my guitar. Sitting in front of the car, I started playing whatever song came to mind.

So easily, with harsh words, you put scars in my heart

Without even saying sorry again, I'm comforting myself

Always nervous if you're gonna leave me, I just want you to stay

~~~

This sad melody resembles you

It makes me cry eh eh

Your scent is a sweet felony

I hate you so much but I love you

~~~

"You have a nice voice, yet you sing sad songs." A voice startled me as I looked back. It was Ruby Jane, smiling sleepily beside the car's door.

"I-I'm sorry,"

"You don't have to. I mean it's your choice. You know?" She chuckles as she sits beside me.

"This place is beautiful,"

I nodded in agreement and smiled. "I often go here to clear my mind."

I turned to face her and was surprised that she was already facing me. She still has sad eyes whenever we make eye contact. I never really liked it when people pitied me. 

"Tell me about you," She says as she turns her gaze back to the ocean.

"W-What?"

"I want you to feel like you're not carrying such weight on your shoulders. Talk to me about what you want to say or shout out loud. Didn't they say it's better to share your stories with strangers?"

"But you're not a stranger to me."

"But you barely know me, and I barely know you. That counts, right?" She smirks, and I couldn't help but chuckle at her antics.

"Well..... what do you want me to say?" I shyly said as I scratched my nape.

"Anything you want to say,"

I sigh. "I'm exhausted..." I bit my lip, trying not to break down or sound too pathetic. "my brain is overloaded with pictures, memories, and emotions. I have too many words bouncing back and forth, back and forth. But I'm too tired to express any of them. Because in the end, it doesn't matter."