Chapter 21

J E N N I E

When did I stop trusting you? I didn't even notice it. When did I stop listening? When did I start thinking you were full of it? Why did I stop trusting you? I never even wanted to. After the last conversation, I worried about what happened to Chaeyoung. She sounded so weak and broken. Sooyoung noticed my stressed face and decided to fly to Seoul. Although Lisa and Jisoo were upset with me leaving last week. They decided to let it off since Chaeyoung was being prioritized. When I asked what happened, she was beaten up by her Father. 

My heart hurt when I knew that Chaeyoung and her Father's problem would lead to violence. Seeing her lying in a hospital bed made me grow worried. There were a few bruises on her face, and her stomach was severely bruised. I feel bad for blaming Chaeyoung for everything when my parents were behind all this. They succeeded in manipulating me. But I'm sure enough never to be fallen into their traps again. Chaeyoung has done enough for me, for us. It's my turn to return the favor. 

I was outside Chaeyoung's room and sat on the benches. I didn't have the heart to face her after everything I'd done. She doesn't deserve this. I let out a sigh and sat further in my seat, drowning myself in my thoughts. 

"Jen?" I turned to the voice and saw Lisa with Jisoo. 

"Should I call you Jennie? Or do we stick with Ruby Jane?" Lisa asks and laughs a little at the gloomy atmosphere.

"Jennie is better," I replied, and they both nodded, taking a seat beside me. 

"Why are you out here?" Jisoo starts. 

I shrug. "I feel like I don't deserve to see her or even to be here."

"Jen, it's never too late to start over. Please don't wait till it's gone. Chaeyoung waited for enough, and she deserves to know that you still love her." Lisa says, making me even more guilty. How can Lisa be calm when I hurt her best friend countless times? How can Chaeyoung still love me?

"I will. I don't know how."

"You'll figure it out," Jisoo says, and they both get up. "Let's get inside, shall we?" Lisa smiled as she extended her hand for me to take.

~~~

It has been two days since Chaeyoung got into the hospital. She hasn't woken up. I have been inside the room and only left to eat. I need to be there when she wakes up. She has to know I'm sorry and I'll be with her from here on out. 

"Jen, how are you holding up?" Sooyoung asks. We were the only ones inside the room since Jisoo and Lisa went home to rest. 

"I'll be alright. Chaeyoung is here with me, and that's all that matters to me now." 

"What do you plan to do?"

"I'm going to fight for her. For us. And I need your help." 

Sooyoung smiles. "I'm here and ready to do what you'll ask me to do." 

"I need you to gather every single doings my parents have been plotting. Something that can put them into jail." 

"I'm on it," 

"We'll help," Sooyoung and I jumped at the sudden voice and turned around to see everyone. 

"What?" I ask, completely surprised.

"Both you and Chaeyoung don't deserve this. It's the least we can do for our family," He explains, making me smile and my heart flutter.

"Also, this is also for Chanyeol and Sooyoung," Seokjin appears as he pats Chanyeol on the shoulder. "This needs to stop once and for all,"