Chapter 6

I tried to reach you, I can't hide

- Kina

L I S A

"Spill," Jisoo says as she crosses her arms. We were on the balcony after we had time to talk things out.

"Chaeyoung had a wife, and her name was Jennie." I started, and she nodded. "They were the perfect couple, you know? They were always there and kept supporting each other. Chaeyoung wasn't that much sunshine when Jennie came. Chaeyoung was being pressured and treated lowly by her parents."

Jisoo's eyes softened at Chaeyoung's past. Her life looks pretty envious but isn't what everyone had imagined. Despite living with a wealthy family, Chaeyoung only wanted her parent's acceptance of who she was and who she wanted to become.

"What caused them to break up?" She asks.

"Chaeyoung was the CEO. Which meant she had a lot of enemies around her. But it went too far. Someone set her up. Someone emailed Jennie some pictures when Chaeyoung couldn't get home some days because of work. It made her look like she was cheating on Jennie, but it wasn't. Until the moment Jennie decided to talk to Chaeyoung. Unfortunately, Jennie caught Chaeyoung with someone. What made it worse was Jennie lashing out at Chaeyoung without even giving her a chance to explain." I finished, and Jisoo sighed.

"Where is Jennie now?"

"We don't know. She disappeared after that, and the only thing sent to Chaeyoung were divorce papers signed by her."

"Did Chaeyoung sign it?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Who knows? She probably left it untouched."

Jisoo then began to think as she rubbed her chin. "And this Jennie looks like Ruby Jane?"

I nodded slowly, not sure what to answer. Who knows?

"When did Chaeyoung lose Jennie?"

"Three years ago," I answered, and Jisoo widened her eyes.  "Why?"

"Ruby Jane got into an accident three years ago."

I widen my eyes. "Accident?"

"She didn't mention what accident. She lost her memories and flew here from New York to remember."

I furrow my eyebrows at the information. "What are you trying to say?"

"What if..."

I shook my head. "If you even think about Ruby Jane being Jennie. You're mistaken. Jisoo, you've known her for years. Why would you think she becomes Jennie when she's Ruby Jane." I said as I frowned. I'm still mad at Jennie for being childish three years ago.

"Lis, this could be something if you and Chaeyoung reacted the same way of seeing Ruby Jane. It could be possible. I mean, come on, Chaeyoung lived with her wife for years, and who could not get over her face?" She says, and I grit my teeth.

"But then again, she's your childhood best friend. She's Ruby Jane." I started, and she sighed.

"Look, something is not right, and I'll try to figure something out with Ruby Jane." She said, and I nodded.

~~~

R U B Y   J A N E

Chaeyoung Park