Chapter 25

J E N N I E

Right after, our team with our 'partners' met up at a particular place for us to get to the place we were staying in. We were on our way to Tromsdalen. We would stay in a cabin instead of a hotel since it was away from the city, which meant the area was spacious and filled with nature. It was a great pick and choice for everyone, especially for Lisa, since she's gotten an idea of how to set up the proposal. I was excited. Don't you smile to see someone proposing to someone they love? It's like they are ready and would want to begin a new life together as partners. 

Thinking about it makes me reminisce about the day Chaeyoung proposed. We were both on a trip to Jeju. I tell you, it was one of the most unexpected proposals and moments in my life. Looking back at it makes me want to laugh and smile simultaneously. 

~flashback~

It was around five early in the morning, and Chaeyoung had to wake me up at such an early hour. I groaned when she wouldn't stop, and I eventually sat up with a grumpy face. 

"Didn't you say you wanted to watch the sunrise?" She chuckles when she sees me. "What changed?" 

I glared at her for tiring me yesterday because she insisted we go around Jeju and explore. We went to different places and sceneries throughout the day, which is why I got exhausted and forgot about watching the sunrise today. 

"Do we have to?" I whined and gasped in shock when Chaeyoung carried me out of the house. 

"Y-Yah! Put me down?" 

Chaeyoung continues to chuckle, "Let me just carry you on our way to the shore."  I didn't bother to argue anymore since I was still completely exhausted. I fell asleep on our way to the shore because when I woke up, Chaeyoung and I were already on the sand, the calming sound of the sea was luring me back to sleep, and she was softly brushing my hair with her hand. As much as I wanted to see the sunrise, my eyes were getting heavier every second. 

"I love you," A voice said, and I slightly opened my eyes. I slowly look up to see Chaeyoung smiling lovingly at me. 

"I love you too," I tiredly replied and kissed her chest as I went back to bury my head in her. 

"Will you spend the rest of  your life with me?" She asks, making me raise my eyebrow as to why she's talking like this. 

"With you? of course," I answered and closed my eyes. 

"Do you think I'll make you happy?" 

Although I was half confused, I answered her with my eyes closed. She's listening anyway, "Happiness is everything... it isn't based on money and sometimes not even on what you're doing. It's about who you're with." I replied, not minding what her reaction was going to be. "As long as it's with you, Chaeyoung, you being with me is enough."