Chapter 12

C H A E Y O U N G

2:00 A.M 

I can't seem to fall asleep. How can I if the person I love is near? How can I fall asleep when all images in my mind are pictures of her? How can I fall asleep when my skin is longing for her touch? My heart is screaming, but she is too far away to hear, just like what they say. So close, yet so far. 

~~~flashback~~~

I met her during our senior years in high school. I never believed in love at first sight,

I was running late for class when I accidentally ran into someone when I made a turn. "Ouch," I painfully groaned, holding onto my butt.

"Oh my gosh, are you alright?" A female voice muttered as I opened my eyes. I saw a beautiful girl standing in front of me with worried eyes.

I cleared my throat and was about to get up when she extended her hand for me to take. I politely accepted her help and got up. "I'm sorry," She apologized and gave a heart-warming smile. 

"N-No, I was the one running. I should be apologizing," I immediately bowed and ran away. The girl called out, but I ignored it since I didn't want my professor to scold me. 

~~~

It was lunch, and I just noticed that my notebook was missing. Panic ran into my veins when it wasn't inside my back or the classroom. Before I could break down, I felt a tap on my shoulder, and as I turned around, it was the beautiful girl I had run into a while ago. 

"I believe you are looking for this?" She asked as she held up a familiar notebook. I sigh in relief. 

"Thank you," I breathe out. "You don't know how important this is to me," I explained as I hugged the notebook. 

The girl chuckles, "No wonder you're pretty good with words." She says, which got me frozen in my place. She read my notebook—a notebook filled with poems. 

Before I could say anything, she held both hands, "I've only read a few; please don't be mad," She said and couldn't help but chuckle. 

"It's alright. Not everyone can get a chance to see what was inside my notebook," I explained shyly. 

"So I must be special then?" She smiled, and I was caught up to her gummy smile. 

I looked away, "M-Maybe," I answered, and she extended her hand.

"The names Jennie Kim," 

I extend my hand, accepting her handshake. "Chaeyoung Park,"

I never believed in love at first sight, but I do believe in love at first touch, at the first handshake. I believe in love at the first word. I never believed in love at first sight. Because of my dear, how could I have known, with just a simple glimpse, how your touch would stir my heart, how your words would woo my mind, and how your laughter brings a smile upon my face? 

An embarrassing encounter brought me something that I'd never have imagined for my life to feel so alive and meaningful.  She changed me and made me see things beyond what I believed. She loved me despite how pathetic I was in the eyes of others. We love not because we are perfect but because we can withstand each other's imperfections. 

~~~flashback ends~~~

I never believed in love at first sight, but my passion, I do believe in I love you. 

And I still do.

"Let's say we used to go to the same university in high school. We got closer, and then poof, lost connection."

I smiled bitterly at what I said to her. Indeed, we got closer, but we never lost our connection. Because we fell in love, we became lovers to be married each other finally. She was my first and will be my last. 

I don't know what may happen. What is going to happen if I confront Chanyeol? Will he tell me the truth? And even if he did, what difference does it make? Jennie is married to someone. And what would happen if Jennie remembered everything? Because, based on our last encounter, she hates me. And what if I was the cause of her accident? Isn't that enough reason for her to hate me more? 

She did mention that she was living the life. But the universe had to fuck it up by letting her meet me. 

~~~

"Did you even sleep?" Namjoon frowns. I was at the airport for my flight to Korea. BamBam and Namjoon came to fetch me here in Jeju. Jisoo and Lisa drove me to the airport while Ruby Jane stayed home because she needed rest. 

"You look like a zombie," BamBam added, and I glared at him. "A beautiful zombie that is," 

"Call us if anything comes up, alright?" Lisa smiles, and I nod. Despite putting a smile on her face, it was clear that she was worried as hell. After three years, I'll face my company and cousin, and it could be worse if my parents were there. 

"Oppa! You better keep an eye on Chaeyoung, or I'll have to kick your ass," She warns. "And please do stop her if she ever beats up Chanyeol. Because violence doesn't solve anything," She adds.

"Alright, we'll get going," Namjoon said, and we went inside the private jet. Despite living a broke and straightforward life. Lisa, Bambam, Namjoon, Seokjin, Jisoo, and my grandparents got my back. 

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

=====

More of Chaennie's scenes during high school will be revealed soon.