Chapter 17

I arrived at the address and stared at the house. It was a mansion. The lights were off, so It seemed like Chaeyoung had been living alone. I got off the car and rechecked the address, and this was the one. I placed her arm around my shoulder and walked to the gate.

I groaned when I realized the gate was locked. I sigh and shake the half-asleep woman. "Chaeyoung-ah, where are your keys?" I ask, and her free hand drunkenly searches her pockets. Luckily, it was there and gave me the keys to open it. 

"Love, we're home." She says, and I inhale deeply.

I guided her inside the mansion, and the ambiance felt familiar.  Since the place was prominent, I could not locate the switch, so I just ignored it to even turn on the light. "Where's your room?" I ask, and she points at the single door beside the double doors upstairs. 

Once in, I pushed her body to the bed and took deep breaths. I tiredly searched for the switch and turned it on, only to have me frozen from my spot and feel my breath hitch. I stare back and forth at Chaeyoung, asleep, and the big picture frame above the headboard. I felt my heart beating fast. 

Am I seeing this for real?

I stare at the picture frame above the bed. I placed a hand on my chest where my heart was. It was a picture of us in our wedding outfits. 

Jennie Kim-Park & Chaeyoung Park

February 11, ****

February 11th? Sooyoung told me we got married on that date too. Were they all lying to me? Am I Jennie? All those words that Chaeyoung had said were all for me. I looked around and saw there were small picture frames above the drawer. 

California