Chapter 10

S O O Y O U N G

"Congratulations, Mrs. Park, because of you, we have bought Cube Entertainment." The president says right after the meeting between the board members regarding the company's progress throughout the months.

"It was my pleasure, Mr. Kim. It is my job to strengthen this company and interact with the biggest companies in Korea."

Not only was I busy dealing with other people. I was getting tired. I hadn't called my wife since I respected her privacy. I'll call her on the weekend to avoid any interruptions in Seoul. I miss her so much. I wonder if her memories are slowly returning. But I hardly conclude that she will since she doesn't have many memories with Jisoo during the years she was with Chaeyoung.

I gave a deep sigh. "Sooyoung? Is everything alright? You seem to be off these days." I looked up, and it was my best friend. Son Wendy. We've been working in the same company. She was a vocal teacher to the artists and trainees.

"I'm just tired from work."

She smiles and takes a seat beside me. We were the only ones left in the meeting room. "Are you missing your wife?" She asks.

Many people never knew I had been married right before Ruby Jane, and I'd like to keep it that way, even if it means hiding it from your close friends. But it feels like it'll only hurt more.

"Don't you have any plans going to her?"

I bit my lip and shook my head. "Not yet; I still have a lot of things to face and decide," She doesn't ask further.

Come to think of it. It's been three years since Ruby Jane's accident. Chaeyoung disappeared from the public right after the scandal and their breakup. I felt terrible for what happened to Ruby Jane. That accident not only gave her amnesia, but she also suffered many injuries.

But it was all worth it in the end. You got the woman you've been in love with for years.

The amnesia was a sign for Jennie to start a new life. A life where she wouldn't feel alone. I'm willing to give her everything. I'll be happy for a while. But right now, things are starting to get complicated. Is this what I wanted?

"Mrs. Park? We'll be meeting with Park Entertainment from Seoul regarding the partnership in a few minutes."

"Who's the person?" Wendy asks before the assistant can leave the room.

"The CEO, Chanyeol Park," She replies, and I widen my eyes.

What is he doing here?

R U B Y  J A N E

"Wh-What is this?" I gasped as I saw the room filled with sticky notes.

A blurred person appeared beside me. "It's another way of showing how much I truly love you."

"Why?"

"I know that I haven't been home these past few weeks. I can't stop myself from thinking about you being all alone in this house. I have these doubts that one day you'll get tired of living with a person like me, and worse is that you'll regret marrying me."

My heart was crushed at her words. I then cupped her face though it was blurry. "Hubby, don't say such things. I wouldn't have dated you but guess what? I did because a person like you is what I'm looking for. I love you. You hear me?" I commanded, and she nodded.