Chapter 16

C H A E Y O U N G

Here I was again, having different kinds of emotions in me. I was confused, angry, tired, and broken. I want to be mad at Chanyeol, but how can I? at the person whom I loved dearly? He may have betrayed me, but he seems to regret his choices. I can see it in him how he messed up. 

Mr. and Mrs. Kim betrayed me. All this time, I thought they approved our relationship with Jennie. But then it was all fake; they pretended to be happy about us when they were still against it and even planned for us to break up. 

"But how did Jennie lose her memories?" I asked.

"The day you and Jennie fought. She ran away and got hit by a car." He explains as he eyes me sadly. 

Then there it was, Jennie got into an accident because of me. If only I had enough courage to go and run after her, maybe things would have been different. I blame myself, yet the biggest to blame was her parents.

"Do you want her back?" I asked him about Sooyoung. 

He chuckles. "More than ever," he smiles painfully. "I met her in New York a few days ago. I decided to partner with SM Entertainment. You wanna know why?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"I wanted to see her. I miss her so much." He confesses as tears slowly roll down from his eyes. 

"Do you want her back?" 

"I do, but I don't even know how." He bites his lip, looking like a little kid who doesn't want to show his weakness. "I can also see in her eyes that she longs for me." 

I sighed and stood up, extending my arm to Chanyeol. He looked up and gave me a confused look. Without a choice, he accepted my hand, and he got up. "Let's continue this tomorrow, okay? We've come a long way, and let's call it a day." I say, and he nods in agreement.

"Where will you go?" 

"Probably going to have some drink. Clear my mind for a while." 

"Be careful. I'll see you soon." He smiles, and I smile back.

Before I could go, I turned back and called him. "Thank you for telling me." 

 "Anything for my dear cousin." 

~~~

R U B Y   J A N E

"You had one job!" Jisoo yells, scolding his brother once we arrive in Seoul. We were now in Kim Finance, where her brothers are at.

Namjoon tries to dodge Jisoo's weak slaps. "look, Chaeyoung said she'll go alone, and we respect her decision." He explained but was yet to reply with more slaps from Jisoo, who was fuming like a little rabbit. 

Lisa and BamBam stood beside me, watching as the two siblings argued like little children. Not long after, Jisoo's other brother arrived. I have to say, Jisoo has hot brothers. 

Just then, I felt my phone vibrating. I took out my phone from my pocket, and it was a call from an unknown number. I excused myself from the team and answered the call. 

"Hello?" 

"Is this Je- Ruby Jane?"  An unfamiliar voice asked.

"This is she," 

"Hi, I'm Chanyeol Park, Chaeyoung's cousin. You might wonder how I got your phone number. But save that question for later. I need to tell you about Chaeyoung." He states, which got me worried all of a sudden.

"Is Chaeyoung alright?"

"I'm not sure. But after our conversation. She left and went to have a drink. Can you please go after her? She's at xxx." 

"I'll be on my way." 

I ended the call and went back inside.

"Lisa, can I borrow your car?" I ask, and she looks at me, confused.

"Why?" 

"I have somewhere to go." 

"Let us go with you." She suggested, and I immediately shook my head. 

"You don't need to. Please." I say, and she sighs in defeat, giving me her car keys.

I drove to the bar Chanyeol had said earlier using my phone's GPS. Why would she go to the bar? Did something happen? I arrived at the place and immediately got irritated at the place. Bars aren't my type of place. 

I showed the guards my VIP card and got inside. I scrunched my face in disgust as soon as I entered. It reeked of alcohol, money, cigarettes, and strippers. Despite the disgusting smell, I searched for Chaeyoung. 

I manage to find her a few minutes later. She was sitting by the counter, all alone. I got closer and noticed that many empty bottles surrounded her. I widen my eyes at the realization that she must've had drank all those. Her head was down on the counter, probably passed out. 

I sighed and gave myself a deep oxygen intake before going to her. I put a hand on her shoulder and shook her awake. But sadly, she wouldn't wake up, and it seemed like she was dead drunk. Without a choice, I placed her arm around me and helped her get out. 

While walking our way out. Chaeyoung opens her eyes and stares at me. "Jennie?" She asked, and I stayed silent. There was no use in telling her that I wasn't who she thought I was because she was drunk. "You know, I thought getting myself drunk would help me forget. Yet here I am, still seeing you." She scoffs and bitterly chuckles. 

I gasped when she placed her free hand on my cheek and stared at me lovingly. "Love, I'm sorry." She says, her voice in pain. Whoever this Jennie was, she better come back and claims her Chaeyoung before she claims a married woman like me. 

I slowly took her hand away from my cheek and continued walking. "Let's get you home before I puke on you because of how smelly this place is." I groaned. 

We arrived at the parking lot and placed her in the passenger seat. Once she was seated, I exhaled deeply from how heavy she was. I look at her again and widen my eyes. She had bruises on her face. "You got into a fight?" I ask, getting worried as to what could have happened.

She nods like a kid. "I deserve it anyway." She says and settles comfortably on the seat.

"Where do you live? I can't let Jisoo and Lisa see you like this." 

"*****," She says, and I nod. 

~~~

I was driving, and I felt Chaeyoung stare at me. When the traffic light turned red, I slowly turned and saw her sadly still looking at me. 

"You know if you continue to stare at me, we're gonna crash." I joked, and she slowly smiled.

"I miss you." She says, and I freeze in my seat. I then noticed that Chaeyoung hadn't fastened her seatbelt and blamed myself for being irresponsible. I leaned forward and stopped when I felt her breath on my neck. It brought a chilly feeling to my skin. 

"I badly want to kiss you." She says, and I widen my eyes. I stared at Chaeyoung, whose face was only an inch away. 

"Chae-" I couldn't finish when I felt her lips on mine. I wanted to pull away when I was caught up in the feeling. Her kiss was intoxicating, and it got me all dizzy. She bit my lip, making me gasp, and Chaeyoung pushed her tongue inside. Why does her kiss feel so familiar?

Chaeyoung, were we more than friends? 

=====