Chapter 22

C H A E Y O U N G

"C-Chaeyoung?" A familiar voice calls out, grabbing my attention as I struggle to adjust the light around me. I closed and opened them again, turning to the source of the voice, and felt relief and confusion. 

Noticing that I couldn't speak, she hurried to get water and helped me as I struggled to sit up to drink water. "Do you feel fine? Do your wounds hurt? Should I call a doctor?" She asks worriedly, and I stare at her, surprised that she is here. 

I softly chuckled and shook my head, "Come here." I weakly muttered, but she heard me. She hesitantly sat beside me while I slowly moved onto the side to give her space. Once seated, I hugged her, which made her flinch and relax a minute later. 

"T-This isn't a dream. Because if it is, then I don't want to wake up. I'd rather sleep be with you." 

I smiled and placed a kiss on her temple. "You're not dreaming. I'm here. Breathing and awake." 

"You scared me. I thought I was going to lose you again." She shakily mutters, and I softly comfort her.

"We've spent a lot of time apart. I'm not losing this chance." I hugged her as tightly as I could. "I've been waiting for this." 

We spent the next minutes cuddling. We've said nothing to each other and just held in each other's arms. Until I broke the silence and said, "I have a lot to say to you." I started. She turns to me and shakes her head.

"You don't have anything to say because I know everything. Sooyoung told me the truth. It was my parents from the start. You don't need to worry anymore because I'll be beside you from now on." She says, and I swore I was tearing up.

She cups my face. "We've been through a lot. Now that I know what's right. Let me fix this. I need you beside me, alright? I'm so sorry for everything." She cracks and places a kiss on my forehead. 

"This..." I weakly start as she waits for me patiently. "I'm happy to know that you'll be with me. But let's take this slow, hmm?" I thought Jennie would disagree, but she smiled and nodded eagerly. 

"For you, Love, I'm willing to do anything for you." She mumbles and squeezes me. 

For a moment, we stayed in our cuddling position, with her caressing my hair in a comforting manner. I heaved a sigh of relief because a moment like this was enough. At least for now. "I'm taking you to Tromsø," She whispers, and I widen my eyes.

In High School, Jennie and I discussed seeing the Northern Lights together. We even had it planned out in which country. Somewhere in Norway, that was Tromsø. Not only were we excited to see the Northern Lights, but the place itself screams history. The city contains the highest number of old wooden houses. 

"Just us?" 

Jennie nodded, "Just us,"

~~~

"You are not going to Tromsø alone!" Lisa pouts while Jennie and I stare at her in disbelief. Lisa, Jisoo, and everyone else arrived with happy and thankful faces written all over their faces when they saw me awake. But that excitement was short-lived when we told them we were both going to Tromsø.

"What? Why not? And who says we're alone? We have each other." Jennie reasons out. "Think of it as a place for Chaeyoung to recover, unlike here, where a lot of shit has happened." She added. 

Jisoo and Lisa stared at each other before turning their attention back to us. "Look, as much as we want to. You both are not as safe as of the moment." It was Jisoo's turn to say, which got us both whining like kids.

"I'll give you two options. One, we'll go to Jeju and have your recovery there. Two, We're going with you if you want to go to Tromsø." Lisa smirks, and I know she's thinking of something pretty good or bad. 

Jennie rolled her eyes and did not hesitate to choose option number two. However, Jennie and I have been dreaming of going to Tromsø. I guess bringing your friends wouldn't hurt. It adds to the fun adventure you'll be going to have.

"'atta girl," Lisa says to Jennie, which earned a growl from the fuming cat. I chuckled at sight in front of me. I was happy to know that everyone was doing well despite the problem we had to face. 

J E N N I E

Tromsø, I smiled idiotically as I imagined what amazing things we could do once we got there. This was Chaeyoung's type of place, and thankfully it's around this month we'll get to see the Northern Lights. Tromsø had a lot of exciting things. You can experience the Polar Night and the Midnight Sun, Exciting activities, which is why it's a getaway to the Arctic, Food cultures, and what I've wished to see. The Northern Lights, which will light over the city. The city is also distinguished by its centuries-old wooden houses.

It was settled. Chaeyoung, Me, Jisoo, Lisa, Chanyeol, and Sooyoung were coming along. I stare at Sooyoung, who looks away once we make eye contact. I wonder if she and Chanyeol talked. But that wouldn't be a problem since they're coming alone, giving them time and the chance to speak. I hope things will get better for us. Not only for Chaeyoung and me but for the people who are affected around us too. Lisa and Jisoo, and Chanyeol and Sooyoung. 

Namjoon, BamBam, and Seokjin will stay in Korea to continue searching for evidence regarding my parents. We're also trying to find information on Chaeyoung's father as well. He's going to pay. I haven't told Chaeyoung since I needed her to recover fully and not worry. I even got her mother's trust, who had been concerned about her when she found out her daughter was being beaten up. I update her on Chaeyoung's condition whenever something good or bad comes up. She even agreed that we'd be flying to Tromsø.

~~~

Everyone left, and Chaeyoung is going to be discharged tomorrow. As expected, Lisa came inside with a shy face. I knew she was up to something when she'd given us those options. 

"What brings you here, Manoban?" I smirk as she sighs with a hand on her nape.

"So, we're going to Tromsø. I've been thinking about this for weeks, and it seems like perfect timing." She slowly explained, and I raised an eyebrow, clearly interested in what she was about to do. Honestly, it's pretty exciting and shocking at the same time to see Lisa so serious about something. 

"I'm going to propose to her in Tromsø." She smiles as she takes out a ring. It was a three-stone ring.

Chaeyoung and I stared in awe at the ring. It was beautiful. Perfect for our Jisoo. I smiled that Jisoo and Lisa were about to take the next step in their lives. Worth suffering, yet a beautiful one. My best friend's getting engaged with the person she loves. 

"I've already received blessings from her parents." She started, and I admired Lisa even more. "I hope to receive your blessing, too, Jennie," She smiled, and I smiled back. 

"Go for it. You make her happy, so there's nothing to be worried about." 

"Thank you. I'll take care of her." She hugs me. 

====

I just stocked my fridge with milk 😎