Chapter 26

J E N N I E

A few days passed, and it was all good. Our preparation for Lisa's proposal was about to be done today, which excited me. Chanyeol and Sooyoung seem closer, making me smile and for Chaeyoung and me. I'm happy that everything was slowly falling into the way it should be. Lisa rented a cabin not far from the standard cabins since we'll hold the proposal there, and throughout the day, she will keep Jisoo busy while we do the work.

 Today is finally the day. 

~~~

We were almost finally done, and it was already five in the afternoon. The pictures of Lisa and Jisoo are hung on the ceiling, balloons around the living room rose petals in the center of the room with lights around it, food is already set on the table, and a piano is placed on the back for Chaeyoung to play. Lisa practically begged Chaeyoung to sing them a song. 

"Alright, Lisa and Jisoo are coming back in a few minutes!" Chanyeol announces, making all of us clean up the remaining mess. We then hid in our places on the side of the living room.

Once Lisa and Jisoo got inside the big cabin, the lights were turned off, having Lisa moved away and into the living room. Jisoo flinched at the sudden darkness because she couldn't feel Lisa near her.

"L-Lisa, what kind of joke is this!?" She panicked, making me softly chuckle. Chanyeol softly pushed Jisoo to the spacious living room where everything was waiting. Once she was in front of the living room, the lights on the floor lit, making a path for Jisoo to the center, where Lisa was smiling at Jisoo's confused and annoyed face.

Then the piano started playing. My heart quickened at this moment. The light on the floor was enough to light the room aesthetically. Jisoo stared at the hanging pictures around her as Chanyeol gently pushed her to go to Lisa. Then Chaeyoung started singing.

Can't say how the days will unfold

Can't change what the future may hold

But I want you in it

Every hour

Every minute

This world can race by far too fast

Hard to see while it's all flying past

But it's clear now

When you're standing here now

I am meant to be

Wherever you are next to me