Chapter 3

I've got friends that will run through walls.

- The Script

R U B Y  J A N E

"I've said it once, I've said it twice, and I'll say it another million times."

"Let me tell you I am true and always will be."

~~~

I jolt up awake with sweat, heavily breathing. I covered my face with my hands as I tried to calm down. I have been getting these weird dreams for the past years, and I can't seem to point out what this was in my memory. Those words I can't fully remember kept coming back like a movie with its given schedule to play.

There were times I'd disturb Sooyoung's sleep because of these dreams. She asked me all the time what it was, but I kept telling her it was from the accident, but I couldn't clearly remember since everything was a blur.

I stared out the window and noticed that we were nearing land. I play with my fingers, thinking of what I should do when I arrive there. Jisoo doesn't even know that I lost my memories. How would she react if her best friend forgot about her? She did mention that we haven't seen each other for six years, and things may change.

~~~

"RJ! Over here!" Jisoo's voice shouted, and I turned my back to a breathtaking woman raising her hands, signaling that it was her, which I still am not sure since I don't remember her that much.

I smiled nervously, thinking how she'd react. I slowly dragged my luggage towards her. I stopped as we stared at each other. She smiled widely, breaking the awkward atmosphere.

"Ooof-" I exclaimed when she embraced me for a crushing hug. Trying my best to make it less awkward, I hugged back with the same intensity despite feeling guilty for not letting her know yet that I didn't know her.

We broke off the hug, and she looked at me confusedly. I bit my lip, not knowing what to do. "You know, I almost couldn't recognize you because of your blonde hair." She says, making me chuckle.

She helped me with the luggage and got inside the car. For a while, it was silent until she decided to speak. "Is everything okay, Jane? It's unusual for you to be silent and not brag about anything." She says and bit my lip again.

"I don't remember you," I say out of the blue, causing her to stop her car and making me scream at the sudden action. She faced me as if to see if I was joking or not. Sadly, I was not.

"W-What do you mean?" She whispers, not sure what to say or how to react.

I took a deep breath, "I got into an accident five years ago, causing me to lose my memories. Before I got conscious, I got moved by my parents and my wife to New York for a new life." I explained, and I could see the confusion on her face.

She blinks and leans back in her seat, thinking. Understandably, it's a lot to take in."And a wife? Did you get married to that Park chick you always mentioned before?" She adds. "Three years ago? How come I never got any news?" She asks herself before she looks at me with guilt and pain.

"You mean Sooyoung Park? Unfortunately, only a few memories came back."

She nods, understanding my situation, and smiles sadly. "How did you find me? Or remembered me?"

"Mom once mentioned you, and Sooyoung got me your number. I need your help to regain my memories. Seoul is where my life was before the accident. If you can help me regain my memories, maybe this emptiness in my heart wouldn't be a problem."