- Chapter 6 -

// San's POV \\

"Where is that little jerk at!", yelled a voice that was around the corner. I was hiding from my middle school bullies who've been bullying me since 3rd grade. I tried to catch my breath after running as fast as I can to escape them from beating me up.

"That little bitch! Once I find him, oh I'm going to beat the shit out of him!", soon enough the voices and foot steps soon faded away down the hall. I leaned my back on the wall and sat on the floor, still trying to catch my breath. I made sure the coast was clear and soon walked back home since it was already close to being the end of the day.

While walking home I heard someone yell behind me. I was scared knowing who the voice belonged to. I turned my head around and saw my bullies running to me. I quickly reacted and also started running. If only I had an older sibling or my parents to protect me but they were all gone. I turned a corner but then tripped over my foot. I tried getting up but was pushed down from my bully.

"There you are you little bitch!", he grabbed me by my collar which made me stand up. I was scared and shaking in fear. I never had my dad teach me self defense since he left me when I was only 7 years old. Ever since he left me I've been living with my grandparents.

"P-please don't h-hurt me", I said, hoping that they wouldn't hurt me even though there is no chance of them letting me go.

"I gave you 2 weeks to do what I told you to do but you failed, now it's time for you to pay", soon I was thrown on the floor and they started beating me up. They kicked me, punched me, and did many things to me. I soon started coughing out blood from my mouth. My vision soon started getting blurry. My breathing getting heavier by seconds.

"Next time you don't listen to me, I'll make your life a living hell", he kicked me one last time and then they all left me on the floor. Everything hurt. My stomach hurt, my arms and legs, even breathing hurt. I laid there thinking I was going to die. Everything was just painful. Eventually I got up slowly and started walking home. My clothes were dirty, blood was on the side of my mouth and there were bruises all over me. People kept looking at me and kept their distant from me. I finally arrived at my grandparents house. I knocked on the door and soon the door opened revealing my worried grandma. She quickly hugged me (which did hurt) and looked at me.

"What happened to you honey?", she asked still having the worried look on her face. I just looked at her, not saying a word. She quickly took me to the living room and got a first aid kit and started treating my wounds. This was a usually routine for my grandma. She knew I was getting bullied and talked to the school multiple times about the situation but they never did anything. The person I was getting bullied by was the son of the principal and they always thought I was lying about me getting bullied.

I could never fight back since I didn't know how to fight and even if I tried I would get even more hurt and I have tried that and it was not good for me. I just wish they could stop. I would never do anything to them nor do anything to hurt others.....or so I thought.

// Fast Forward: High School ~ San's POV \\

I'm now in high school and yes I'm still getting bullied. They have never stopped messing with me and I don't think they ever will.  But over the years I have learned some self defense. Sometimes I would defend myself against them but there are 3 of them against 1 of me so it doesn't always work. But today they haven't done anything bad to me which was good.

"Hey cutie", I turned and see a girl with long black hair which was straight. She had brown eyes and clear skin. I was shocked seeing such a pretty girl talk to me, aka a loser.

"Yes?", I ask as I continue to grab stuff out of my locker. She leaned on the locker that was next to mine and continued to talk to me.

"What's your name?", she asked. I looked at her as I closed my locker door. I gave her a questioning look before answering her.