- Chapter 36 -

// Hana's pov \\

"Mingi!"

I shouted out loud, trying to warn Mingi. But it was too late. When the lights were off, I'm guessing San went behind Mingi and right when they turned back on, it was too late already.

"MINGI!", I screamed out. San smirked and dropped the knife he used to stab Mingi. Mingi held his stomach as blood started getting all over his hand. Officers went towards Mingi to tell. Yeosang kept holding onto me as I tried to get out of his grip to go to Mingi. From the corner of my eye I see that San was about to get away. I quickly elbowed Yeosang in the stomach and ran after San.

I tackled him and straddled him. He kept trying to push me off but I was staying out. Soon I started hitting him and punching him. Tears were falling down my face as I was hitting San.

"You've hurt me!"

"Traumatized me!"

"Ruined my life!"

"I will never love you!"

"You deserve to die!"

"You killed my father!"

"I hate you!"

"I hate you!"

"I hate you!"

I screamed while crying. Pain kept taking over my body as I was hitting San. At this point, San started coughing out blood. I didn't care if he was badly hurt, I just continued hitting him. It took 3 police officers to get me off of San.

"No one will ever love a monster like you Choi San!"

I shouted as the officers dragged me away. One officer quickly handcuffed San while the rest were calling for help and helping me. I got out of the officers grip and ran to Mingi. I looked at him and he looked pale. He was in pain and I could see that written all over his face. I grabbed his hand and held onto it.

"Please hang in there Mingi..", I said while looking at him. He nodded slowly. Soon the ambulance were here and they quickly took Mingi and were rushing him to the nearest hospital. I wanted to stay with Mingi but Yeosang held me back and hugged me.

"He's going to be fine Hana, he's a strong man", Yeosang said while hugging me tightly, trying to reassure me that Mingi was going to be fine. I know Mingi is a fighter. He never gave up on anything at all. He never lost anything in life and always fought for what's right. I know he's a strong man but I'm scared to know if he's going to make it. I can't lose him. I can't post my best friend...

"I'm just so happy your okay", I hugged Yeosang back as he rested his chin on my head. We stayed like that for a little, which felt nice.

"Officer Kang, we'll be taking Choi San back to Seoul. We'll be checking him into a mental hospital. Keep us updated on Officer Song", Yeosang let go of me and nodded. I kept hugging Yeosang, too scared to see San. I could feel him looking at me while he was being out inside the police car. As soon as they drove off, Yeosang and I quickly headed to the hospital Mingi was at. Thank god the nearest hospital wasn't that far.

Once we arrived me and Yeosang practically ran out of the car and into the hospital.

"Excuse me! Do you know which room Song Mingi is in?", I asked to women who was at the front desk.

"Room 243", she said. I grabbed Yeosang's hand and went to an elevator. I pushed number 2 and waited for the elevator to stop on the floor.

"Room 240...241..243. Here it is!", I quickly opened the door and saw Mingi laying in the bed sleeping. I slowly walked over to him and looked at him. He looked pale and had an oxygen mask over his nose, which was helping his breathing stabilize.

"The doctor said he's fine, it was a deep cut and they had to quickly do surgery and he did well. He's just sleeping for now, we're not sure when he'll wake up", said one officer who came into the room. Him and Yeosang talked for a bit while I sat beside Mingi, holding his hand.

"I'm so sorry...this is all my fault", I whispered to him, hoping he could hear me. "If it weren't for me, you wouldn't be hurt. I'm such a bad friend..", I felt so bad knowing Mingi was in pain because of me.

"Your not a bad friend...", I looked up and saw Mingi. His eyes were slightly opened. He held onto my hand and gave me a weak smile. "All that matters is that your safe Hana", Mingi said as he continued to look at me.

"Oh my god Mingi are you okay?", asked Yeosang as he noticed Mingi had woken up. Mingi nodded as he gave Yeosang and thumbs up.

"Give him some water", I suggested. Yeosang grabbed the cup of water that was beside Mingi's bed. Yeosang helped Mingi sit up slowly. Once he sat up, I quickly gave Mingi the water, helping him drink it.

"Thank you guys for being here"

"Of course man. We can't just leave you behind, we're a trio!", we all laughed at Yeosang's comment. That is true. We can't leave each other behind. We all promised each other that we'd stick by each other's side no matter what.

"Excuse me, but visiting hours are now over", said a nurse as she walked in. Me and Yeosang nodded and looked at Mingi.

"Stay safe Mingi alright?", said Yeosang. Mingi smiled and did his handshake with Yeosang. They've had this handshake ever since I can remember. I still don't know how they remember it after all these years.

"Please take care of yourself Mingi alright?", I said while grabbing Mingi's hand. He nodded and smiled. "I will, I promise", he held up his pinky, waiting for me to make a pinky promise to him. I smiled and connected out pinky's, making sure our promise if kept. Me and Yeosang waved goodbye before leaving.

Please take care of yourself Mingi...

To be continued

Oh my god I'm so sad now! For sure the next update will be the last update for this book! I can't believe this book had so many reads and votes! Thank you guys so much!

Also a suggestion, should I do a Q&A once this book is done? If so, please leave some questions you would like me to answer and I'd be sure to answer them soon!

I love you all so much! Stay safe!

Instagram: @pardon.kookie

YouTube: Pardon Kookie 🥰