- Chapter 17 -

// Hana's pov \\

God knows how long I've been stuck down here. I even lost count. I was so cold and so hungry. I haven't eaten in 3 days. I felt so weak and so scared that I was going to die. I didn't want to die, not like this at least.

I looked at my legs and saw the many bruises and cuts San left on my leg. My wrists were hurting from the tight rope around them. So were my ankles. My ankles were cut and were bleeding. I had either dried blood on my ankles or fresh blood.

I looked like absolutely shit and feel like shit.

"Finally awake princess", I look up, only for my eyes to meet with his. He disgusted me. Why did I even think I loved him? Was I that stupid?

"Daddy decided to bring you some food kitten", San placed the food down on the ground. It looked like leftover pizza from a day or two ago. I didn't care at this point, I was starving. San came over behind me and untied me. I immediately crawled to the plate of food and began eating like crazy.

"Slow down babe, don't want you to choke and die already now do we?", I looked at San and gave him a dirty glare.

"First of all I haven't eaten in 3 fuck days, second of all, I'd rather die already then see your stupid face, besides isn't that what you want? Don't you want me dead? Like my father?", San kneeled down to meet me at eye level. He grabbed my chin which made me flinch.

"Oh princess, I don't want you to die. I want to get married with you, have kids of our own, and grow old together. I love you Hana and want to spend the rest of my life with you", he smiled, making his dimples pop out. San knew I had a weakness for his dimples but it didn't affect me this time.

I spat in his face, causing him to jump up. "You think I want to spend the rest of my life with you? With a fucking monster who's torturing me? Who killed my own father? I would never marry you or have kids with you! You don't deserve my love at all you monster!", I was so angry, to the point I yelled at San. I knew he would get mad at me but I didn't care. I was done at this point. Done being scared of him. Done listening to him.

"You listen here you brat! You love me and you know it! You listen to me and do whatever I say. If I want to marry you, your gonna marry me. If I want to have kids with you, your gonna have kids with me! You do what I say got that?", he would think I would be to scared but he's wrong.

"Yes San I admit I did love you, but after seeing you torture me for god knows how long, those feeling immediately disappeared. I regret ever thinking I loved you! I don't even know what love is! But what I do know is that love isn't for me and a monster like you! No one will ever love you and ever will!", I could tell San was getting angrier by the second. He was about to yell until we heard a banging on the door. San immediately rushed upstairs, but forgot to close the door to the basement.

"Hello this is the police!", is what I heard. My heart started beating faster. I'm finally going to be saved! I continued staying quiet to hear San.

"Uh, hello police officers, how may I help you", I could hear San trying to attempt to make his voice deeper, that what no one knew it was him.

"We are from the police station in Seoul. We are covering the case about Officer Kim Hana. We were wondering if you had seen anything weird or suspicious that happened during the time of her kidnapping?", please look down here please!

"Uh, no I haven't actually, I'm sorry about that officers", I was panicking, worrying that they were going to leave. Please no!

"Okay well thank you for your time. If you do find anything, call the police station in Seoul", fuck they were about to leave. I immediately started panicking before thinking of something.

I screamed. Screamed as loud as I can. Screamed, hoping someone would find me.

"Help! Help me! I'm down here!", I then started hearing noises from upstairs.

"On the ground now!", yelled an officer. I heard multiple footsteps upstairs. Was I finally going to escape? From this house that seems like hell?

"Where is she? Look around!", I took a deep breath in, and a deep breath out. Come on Hana this is your life on the line.

"I'm down here! In the basement! Help! Help me please!", I started hearing footsteps coming down the stairs. Soon about 5 officers came in, gun pointing at every direction. I looked around only to see my two best friends.

Yeosang and Mingi

"Hana!", they yelled. They immediately rushed over to me. I couldn't help but cry. Finally. I finally feel safe. After months, I'm reunited with my best friends. They hurried and started taking the ropes off of me while the other officers kept guard just in case. Once they took off the rope I got up, almost tripping, but hugged the both of them. I started crying as they hugged me back.

Safe, I'm finally safe. The feeling that I had missed the most.

"It's okay Hana, we've got you. Your safe now, San is being taken away, for a long time", hearing Yeosang's voice again after months was calming me down.

"What happened to you?", asked Mingi as the both of them backed away from the hug.

"W-when I first arrived i-it was hell. Then he was suddenly nice around me. Nice and kind. I know I may sound stupid but I fell in love with him. But soon that day you guys found the abandoned car, he started freaking out and I....I hit him. Then he started torturing me again", I got hugged again by the both of them. I smiled, kissing this feeling of having my best friends by my side.

"Don't worry Hana, we're here now. That monster is being taken away for good", I'm finally safe. Finally getting out of this house. I soon got led out, outside and it was beautiful. It was a bright and sunny day. White fluffy clouds were floating in the sky, flowers growing everywhere. I breathed in the fresh air and knew what was going on now.

I finally escaped...I'm safe...I'm going back home...

To be continued

Hey guys! So I hoped you all enjoyed this chapter. I do feel like it's a bit soon for Hana to be rescued but I am planning on making a twist if I do have enough time, if I don't then this book will be put to an end. I hope you all are safe, and hope you have a wonderful day!

Instagram: @pardon.kookie

YouTube: Pardon Kookie

~ PardonKookie7 🥰