Chapter 3 - Will

Chapter 3 – Will

  Fighting was something I had always been against. I grew up with my parents fighting a lot and as a kid I never understood why. Once I got older, I learned that it was because they lacked communication, which was important in any type of relationship.

Because I was so used to fighting at home, I just refused to fight with friends of mine or girls I was in a relationship with because I had my fair share at home. In my opinion, it all boiled down to communication and understanding, which wasn't hard at all to learn.

Once my dad died, my mom had so much pent up regret from their many years of fighting and she couldn't get those years back. I always promised myself not to live my life to where I'd have regrets about how I treated someone. So I always treated people how I wanted to be treated, even if sometimes it came back to bite me in the butt.

That might have been one of my biggest problems. I was too nice, almost to a fault, and it was hard for me to speak my mind in fear of hurting someone's feelings and having regrets. I was a pacifist of sorts because of my childhood, however, and that was something I couldn't help.

I was reeling from the fight I had just witnessed between my mystery girl and the guy that was with her. Analise...

I'd tried her name on the tip of my tongue, just to see how it sounded...

She had looked so upset when he'd yelled at her and I couldn't help but wonder if that was her boyfriend and they were fighting. When I had brought it up to Justin and Mallory, they laughed at me and told me that they were best friends for as long as anyone could remember. It seemed like more than that to me, though.

I could only imagine how interesting my life would get if I had already witnessed a fight on my first day at school. Nevertheless, I went to my next class and sat at the back of the class. I didn't wanna be the new kid that got called up to tell the whole class about them because it wasn't my thing and I was still assessing this new school. I still wasn't sure if I was even going to like it. I definitely liked the fact that the girl from last summer was here and I could maybe try to get to know her, but from the way Justin and Mallory talked about her I assumed that wouldn't be an easy feat.

But I would still try. And if I couldn't do it, at least I tried.

Students piled into the seats around me and soon enough the teacher walked in. He was just closing the door as it was stopped by a combat boot and in walked Analise. I hid my smile behind my hand at the fact that we shared a class together. It was Theater, but I'd take it. Apart of me wondered why someone so... unapproachable would be taking a class like theater but I brushed off the thought.

Class went on as our teacher discussed improv and had a couple of the students demonstrate. He told us about a play that would be coming up, and how we were all required to pick a part and audition. I didn't like that we were forced to audition because to be completely honest I didn't want to act in front of people. Acting was a hobby, a mild interest at best – not something I wanted to do in front of others.