Chapter 33 - Will

Chapter 33 - Will

    All I felt was panic as I stared at the note once again. Don't bother looking for your precious girlfriend, you'll never find her. I clutched the note to my chest, dry heaving as I felt a panic attack wash over me. I had just gotten her, I couldn't lose her already. I promised myself they'd only hurt her over my dead body, and I meant that. I wasn't a fighter, not by a long shot, but I'd get shot if it meant saving Analise. I widened my eyes as that thought hit me, and I knew I couldn't deny it anymore.

I'm in love with Analise Loughty.

All of us were currently corralled at Analise and Drew's house; Mallory, Toby, Justin, Drew and I. We had similar notes, delivered in different ways; mine was attached to a brick thrown through my living room window, which would be so fun to explain to my mom when she saw it. Justin, Toby and Mallory's notes were worded the same as mine except in place of the word girlfriend was the word friend.

Justin got his note by walking to his car, because it was tucked between the windshield and the wipers. Toby and Mallory were together when they got their note, and it was delivered by a knock on the door. It was perched on the doorstep, leaning against a flowerpot. They all called me to see which friend the note was talking about, and when I told them about my note they pretty quickly figured it out.

I called Drew and Alisha as soon as I called Analise five times with no answer, and they rushed home. Drew's note was similar to ours except with the word sister, but at the bottom read the words 'P.S. Revenge is best served sweet'

Alisha and Bella were back at her parents house. They'd arrived with Drew, but Bella was crying when she noticed Analise gone, complaining that she was promised a Peppa Pig marathon. It broke everyone's heart to see her so distraught, so Alisha brought her back to her parents house and opted to stay with her to calm her down. I knew Analise and Bella had gotten close over the past week, and it hurt that Bella was so upset about her disappearance. She was only four; she didn't understand that Annie was taken, just that she was gone.

Since I was clued in from Analise that someone may be after her, I explained it to Justin, Mallory, and Toby on the way here. Now, it was three hours later and we were still trying to figure out how to find her. When we all got here, before Drew and Alisha, we noticed the door was ajar and the living room was a mess, showing signs of an obvious struggle. The glass table lamp usually perched on the side table was shattered and the lampshade was across the room. The tall lamp in the corner, which usually stood taller than me, was strewn across one of the arm chairs. The pillows that normally sit nicely on the couch were across the room, there were pots and pans around the kitchen and living room, glass shattered all over; it was obvious Analise gave them hell. That's my girl. 

There was blood on the carpet and I couldn't look at it without getting nauseous, only hoping it wasn't hers. We noticed the TV still on the football game I'd heard her complaining about before we hung up. Her phone was on the couch, face up like she was just about to use it, and Drew's note was placed next to it. That was the thing we couldn't figure out; the person who took her couldn't have been the one to deliver our notes, so how did they do it? We all got our notes at around the same time.