Chapter 12 - Analise

Chapter 12 – Analise

    It was a couple days after I showed Will the cliff, and things had continued on normally, except we were friends now. We had been running lines off and on and I'm pretty sure if someone held a gun to our heads we could recite them in our sleep, backwards, with our eyes closed. We still hadn't practiced the kissing scene though and I don't think we planned to.

It would just be awkward.

The play was coming up though, and I knew we'd have to do it when it came. I had been so focused on doing things for the gang so I could help out financially that I didn't even think about the fact that the play was in a week.

I was hanging out with Raelynn and Colin and Tommy was nowhere to be seen. I'd asked of his whereabouts, but Colin said he seemed upset about something in the class they shared before lunch and was skipping. He never skipped lunch because it was his favorite subject, but I let the topic drop. I hadn't done anything, so it couldn't be me he was upset with.

Raelynn was chewing on her lip, deep in thought about something while Colin and I talked. Eventually it got on my fucking nerves and I had to ask her, "What the hell is bothering you?"

"Nothing," Raelynn answered shortly, narrowing her eyes briefly before glancing around us again. She took a hit of her cigarette, her lips trembling around the damn thing, disproving her answer to me.

I turned to Colin with a questioning look, and he shrugged his shoulders. I didn't know what was wrong with Raelynn and Tommy today, but I was going to find out if it killed me. "What the hell, Rae?"

It was getting more difficult for her to keep her facade up, I could tell. She started bouncing her leg nervously, taking quick hits of the cigarette which only caused her to start violently coughing. "Alright, christ, I'll tell you!"

"Well since I pulled your leg," I mumbled sarcastically under my breath, but I knew she'd hear me because she flicked my forehead.

"Couple things," she started, staring me straight in the eyes. Her baby blue's held conviction and I mentally prepared myself for whatever the hell she was going to accuse me of. "But not here."

She grabbed me and Colin's hands, dragging us from where we were sitting and towards the back of the school. Raelynn was either secretly very strong for her size, or we weren't putting up much of a fight. We were dragged around to the shed where football equipment was held, and Colin and I stared at it quizzically. None of us were in any sports, so why had she-

Suddenly she opened the doors and pushed us in by our backs, and we fell in with a resounding oomph.

"What the hell, Rae?" Colin exclaimed, rubbing his ass. He'd fallen on his ass whereas I'd fallen on my knees that were now stinging like a bitch.

"What's your problem?"

"You are, Ana."