Chapter 27 - Will

Chapter 27 - Will

    I didn't get to talk to Analise that day.

I wanted to talk to her about my feelings for her. I wanted to get them out in the open, but no sooner than I said that she got a call from someone and excused herself, saying she had to leave and it was urgent. And now, a week later, we were sitting on my couch and I still hadn't gotten to talk to her. Mallory, Toby, Justin, Toby's sister, Lacey, Analise and I were all in my living room with a bunch of food surrounding us. There were pizza boxes, bags of all different kinds of chips - like Cheetos, Doritos of all flavors and lays - popcorn, and even more snack type food.

Justin tried to convince me to throw a party since my mom was out of town for an important celebrity case, but I refused. Not only did I not like the party scene, but I for sure didn't want to be the one to clean it up. So instead I invited my friends over for a mini party and sleepover. Lacey, Toby's sister, was a freshman in college and visiting and so she asked if she could tag along. Justin had taken a liking to Lacey, no surprise there, and I was sat next to Analise while Toby was next to Mallory.

Lacey looked a lot like Toby, brown hair and brown eyes and though you could tell she was Asian, the caucasian was more prominent. She was gorgeous, of course, but there was only one girl for me and she was sitting next to me playing with one of her curls.

We were drinking, but since it was just us I didn't see the big deal. I trusted this group of people. I had comforters set up for makeshift beds in my room, which we would go into when we were ready to go to bed.

"Spin the bottle?" Lacey spoke up, wiggling her eyebrows. I raised mine in response. "Come on guys, it will be fun. No harm, no foul."

"I'm in," Justin piped up, smirking.

Lacey picked up the bottle, spinning it first. It spun until it landed on Mallory. We all laughed, and Mallory blushed bright red. "So siblings, huh, Mal?" Toby teased.

Mallory and Lacey crawled to one another, before briefly kissing. Lacey pulled her more into it, deepening the kiss which earned hoots and hollers from everyone but Toby. Even Analise joined in, laughing freely and I smiled at her. I really loved her laugh.

After that, it was Toby's turn. When he spun, it landed on Justin and he raised an eyebrow. "No."

"Come here big boy," Justin sang, wiggling his eyebrows and making us all laugh.

Toby violently shook his head. "No way."

"I had to do it," Lacey pouted. "Go ahead."

Justin and Toby walked chest to chest, sighing and grumbling to themselves. Toby pecked Justin on the lips before they both pulled away dramatically, wiping their mouths with their sleeves.

"My turn!" Mallory sang, taking the bottle and spinning it. It landed on herself, so she respun, and it landed on me. We both raised our eyebrows, and I looked at Analise who looked almost jealous before she masked it with a small smile. I looked at Toby who offered me a small smile as well. "It's just a game."