Chapter 30 - Analise

    After school, Will drove us to my house. According to Drew, Alisha was already there and waiting for whatever news we wanted to talk to them about. Of course, I mainly wanted to talk to Drew, but Alisha deserved to know too if she was going to be around us more often. I had the essay Will had written tucked safely into a place in my backpack where I wouldn't forget it, and I had every intention of putting it on my nightstand so I could read it whenever I felt self conscious or doubtful.

Our hands were connected over the center console and it was as if our hands were made for each other. His large hand covered my smaller one with ease and our fingers were interlaced as if it was something we always did. I saw Will glancing at me out of the corner of my eye, and after the fifth or sixth glance it got to me. "What?"

"Oh, nothing," Will mumbled dejectedly, a hint that he really did want to talk, but that I'd have to press for information. Obviously he didn't know me well enough.

I scowled. "I'm not prying."

He beamed a smile at me when we stopped at a red light close to my house and nodding. "I know. I'm just," he trailed off, tousling his waves. "I'm worried."

I furrowed my brows, side-glancing him. "Why?"

"Because, we're talking now and I'm not meeting Drew as your friend but as your hopefully soon-to-be boyfriend."

I slapped his shoulder as the light turned green, rolling my eyes. "Relax. If anyone has something to worry about, it's me with meeting your mom for dinner tomorrow. Drew already knows and loves you, he's not the over protective type. Now, if you hurt me, cheat on me, put your hands on me-"

"I could never," Will interrupted with a scoff looking quite offended.

I held my hands up defensively. "I'm just saying. Do any of that, and he will become overprotective big brother bear. He'll murder you in your sleep, no hesitation. Gang Drew will come out to play."

"Gang Drew," Will snickered.

I narrowed my eyes at him as we pulled up to my house. "I'm serious."

He nodded, smiling. "I would never hurt you, Annie. I'd sooner hurt myself."

His words sent a jolt through me and I couldn't help the smile that formed. "Also, please don't mention gang stuff tonight. He still doesn't know you know anything, and he still doesn't know about me."

"Got it, Annie."

Together we exited the car, slamming our doors in the process. No sooner than the sound of the car door slamming sounded, my front door opened and out bounded a little girl, Alisha hot on her heels. She was adorable and truly looked just like Alisha, I could immediately tell it was her daughter. She had light brown hair cascading down to her waist in big bouncy curls and a pair of big green eyes, forrest green like her mothers. She had on a pink Peppa Pig long sleeve t-shirt and a pair of jeans, but no shoes.

"Isabella!" Ali called, frustration seeping into her tone. "You can't run outside without shoes on! Come back here!"

"No!" Bella called back, grinning to herself while she ran over to us. She jumped up into my arms, catching me by surprise but I caught her easily. She was rather light for a four year old. "Hi, I'm Bella!"

I grinned at her, walking towards Alisha and Drew who were standing at the front door. "Hey Bella, I'm Ana. You know you're supposed to have shoes on to go outside, right?"