Chapter 26 - Analise

    The sunlight pouring through my bedroom window woke me up the day after Halloween. I sighed, snuggling into my pillow that smelled surprisingly like a mix of honey and old spice; Will's scent. I wonder why I'm smelling Will's scent in my bed...

Realization shot through me like a bullet and I snapped my eyes open to see where I was. I was in fact in my room, but soon realized an arm was draped across my waist. I peered over, following the arm up to it's owner which proved to be Will sleeping soundly. His lips were parted, his shallow breathing coming out in small pants. His wavy hair was untamed, slightly swooping over his eyes. I subconsciously reached out to brush his hair away from his eyes, before realizing what I was doing and bringing my hand back to me.

But it was too late.

Will's ocean blue eyes opened lazily, gazing into mine and he offered me a small smile. I gulped, looking down at myself and sighing in relief when I realized I was still fully clothed. One look at Will told me he was too, and I fully relaxed. But how did I get to my room? The last thing I remembered was Will's confession, and-

Oh my god, Will's confession.

Pure unfiltered rage surged through me once again at the memory of his confession and I clenched my fists. In through the nose, out through the mouth... 

My heart hurt for my friend. I had no idea he'd been through so much in his life, and I felt like a major asshole for prematurely judging him. For god sakes, I'd said once upon a time how coddled and spoiled he was without even knowing him; he just wanted to make friends, and just happened to pick the worst person to try to befriend. I would spend the entirety of our friendship making that up to him. I couldn't believe how much of a selfish bitch I'd been.

"Everything okay Annie?" Will's voice broke my thoughts, causing me to look over at him. His bright blue eyes were full of happiness; an emotion I'd only ever seen in his eyes except for last night. Seeing his eyes so full of dejection and despair just about killed me, and it made me realize something.

I really did like Will as more than a friend.

And I was utterly and completely fucking terrified.

Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing scared me, and I mean that. Ever since I was a kid and I had to watch my parents lying dead in the street, I'd willed myself to forget emotions; like, happiness, and fear, because they would only hold me back. But somehow in a month, unbeknownst to me, Will made me throw caution to the wind and like him. Liking him scares me more than the possibility of being kidnapped by the gang.