Chapter 32 - Analise

    The next week passed by in somewhat of a blur and before I knew it, it was Thanksgiving. I was getting used to Alisha and Bella living with us, and Will and I were getting used to being in a relationship. I dedicated at least ten minutes a day to peer at the picture I'd snapped of Will's handiwork when he asked me to be his girlfriend. I wasn't sure why he went to such great lengths to impress me, or why he'd chosen such a romantic approach, but I didn't dare question it.

Will and I didn't spend the holiday together like I hoped, because unlike me he did have a mom and she took the holiday off to spend with him. I did however spend it with Alisha, Bella, and Drew who were currently finishing up their meals here so that they could head out to go to Alisha's parents house. They wanted to meet Drew and see their daughter and granddaughter, so it seemed like the perfect arrangement.

They invited me, I suppose to not make me feel left out but I respectfully declined. I was never comfortable in other peoples houses, especially if I didn't know them and I didn't want to impose. This was Drew's first time meeting her parents and I wanted him to get the attention. Plus, a couple hours of quiet could only do me good. Or that's what I thought, anyway.

We cleaned up, bringing our plates to the sink and I decided to take the initiative to put the leftovers in containers while they got their coats on and struggled to fight with Bella to put her shoes on. Bella and I had grown close in the week since they moved in and sometimes I was the only person she'd listen to. After I slipped the leftovers into the fridge, pushing our current food to the back haphazardly to make room for the new containers, I walked into the living room and sat next to Bella, taking one of her small boots in my hand and giving her a pointed look. "We have to put your shoes on, Bell."

Bella pouted, brushing a hand through her wild hair that was half pinned by the puffy hood of her jacket. "I don't want to, Leesy."

"I'll make you a deal," I offered in a mock whisper, earning the curious gaze of Drew and Alisha. "If you let me put your boots on, I'll watch two episodes of Peppa Pig with you tonight in my room before you go to bed and we can have a sleepover."

Our house wasn't the biggest, but we'd been able to squeeze the two girls in with seemingly no problem. Alisha moved into Drew's room with him and Bella was in the room off of Drew's which was supposed to be a small spare room but had previously been used as a closet for Drew. He moved all his clothes into his dresser - the first time he'd probably ever used the thing, and I helped Bella make it her own by putting pictures of Peppa Pig all over the wall. We even colored two signs that said 'Bell's room, stay out' with flowers and hearts all over them and taped it to the doors; one that led to Drew's room and the one that led to the hallway.

Bella's eyes widened in delight before she nodded her head vigorously. "Okay, Leesy!"

I shimmied her boots onto her feet, giving a pat to each foot for good luck before she hopped off the couch and wrapped her arms around me. I returned her hug with a smile, and Alisha was looking at us happily. "You're so good with her," Alisha commented, smiling brightly.

I shrugged, letting my arms return to my sides. "I've never had a little sibling, or a sister, so it's kind of like having both; even if she isn't my sister."