Chapter 21 - Will

Chapter 21 - Will

    "What the heck?"

I sat down at the lunch table I'd been neglecting to sit at, with Justin and Mallory. Lately I'd been sitting with Analise at a table all on our lonesome, but she was skipping lunch today so I sat next to my friends. They understood I had a new friend, but Mallory didn't like Analise and Justin wasn't a fan, so I decided not to make them sit with her. I had no clue why they didn't like her, though. She was pretty amazing.

But what had me shocked to the core was not the fact that Justin and Mallory were here already, it was the fact they Toby was here too, his arm casually slung around Mallory's shoulders. She was holding his hand as well.

"What?" Toby questioned innocently, narrowing his eyes at me.

"What do you mean what?" I asked, setting my tray down and plopping down next to Justin across from the two of them. "When did this happen?"

"Yesterday," Justin grumbled, angrily eating his sandwich.

I looked down at the sandwich and back at him. "What did that sandwich ever do to you?"

"How's Analise?" Toby asked, smiling knowingly.

I rolled my eyes, sighing heavily. "She's great, Toby. Like you care."

Toby held his hands up in defense. "I'm not the one who doesn't like her. That's these two."

"Hey!" Mallory spoke up, hitting him on his shoulder. "She's friends with Raelynn and not exactly the friendliest person around. Why would I-"

Suddenly Toby and Mallory's eyes snapped to something behind me, both going silent. I turned in my seat to see Analise standing there, but her attention wasn't on me. She was staring straight at Mallory.

"Can I help you?" Mallory snapped, flipping her red locks over her shoulder. I sent her a warning look, but she didn't catch it because she was staring straight at Analise. Along with almost every student in the cafeteria, including Raelynn, Tommy and Colin.

"I uh," Analise mumbled, looking down at her combat boot clad feet before looking back up at Mallory. "I wanted to apologize for how I've treated you in the past. I was hoping we could start over."

If someone could die from shock alone, the three people sitting at the table with me would be six feet under right now. They were repeatedly glancing between each other, Annie and I, no one saying a word.