CHAPTER 1

[04-07-2022] This chapter has been re-written. 

----------

CHAPTER 1

NOAH SKY

There's a loud bang on my door.

Groaning, I roll over the bed, the duvet getting tangled around my feet and body. The warmth of it makes me want to sleep more and continue dreaming. Which is why I'm so pissed to get up. Getting off my bed puts me in a bad mood.

This is the first day of school, of being a senior. A lot of students have enrolled in, and I'm not sure if I want to deal with them.

There's another set of loud bangs on the door.

I get off the bed (against my will!), but I fight the urge to lay down still and sleep more. I walk towards the door and open it, revealing the annoying face of my stepbrother, Gloss. What kind of name is that? Why did his mom name him Gloss? Is there some sort of history to that?

"What?" I snarl, glaring daggers at the annoying face in front of me.

It's too early. It's just 6 in the morning, and the school won't even start until 8. What's with the deal of waking me up early? I'm good at managing my time. I can shower within 5 minutes, prepare in 5 minutes, and eat in less than 5 minutes. It takes less than 20 minutes for me to arrive at school! Additionally, the school is just fucking near.

"Richard said to wake you up," Gloss says, his face contorting into disgust. He looks right at me in the eyes. "Get your ass downstairs. Mom keeps bugging me, too, to wake you up."

I roll my eyes, uninterested at what he's saying. I really don't care about him. Cecil, dad's new girlfriend, is all I care about. She makes my dad happy, and I just hope she wouldn't leave us like my mom did.

She left us for another guy, and that was 5 years ago. She didn't care about us, and she doesn't care about us now. I really have no idea why it turned out this way. It made me hate her because I can't see any valid reason as to why she would leave us for another guy, why she would leave dad, who is amazing, for another man.

Who would have thought that a guy –a very nice, caring, loving guy, like my father, would be dumped?

"Yeah," I reply back, still glaring at my idiot of a stepbrother. I don't know why Gloss irritates me. Maybe because of his name, or maybe because he's just really annoying. I despite him. At school, nobody even knows we live in the same house. I told him not to tell everyone, and that I would beat the shit out of him if he did. We made a deal. "Now, get out of my face. And my life. Get lost."

"Such an asshole," he mutters, rolling his eyes. I slam the door in his face. What a fucking twat.

I calm myself down and decide to take a shower. It's a short one because I just showered last night before I slept. I wear my uniform after I dry myself. The school requires the students to wear a fucking uniform. And have I mentioned that it's my dad's school?

Sky International School.

The uniform for men is a white, sleeveless, button-up polo, paired with a black silk pants, and black shoes. For girls, it's quite the same for the top, but their skirt should be at least at knee level, and their heels should no longer go above 2 inches. But that skirt rule is always violated, considering there's a handful of girls in the school who think they are the world's most-prized darlings. And honestly, nobody gives a fuck. They just let them. I just let them.