Chapter 29: This Is Not A Game

A/N: On the side bar is Nathaniel Sherman, as Nero Hyle Posey!

**********

Chapter 29

Noah Gerald Sky

This Is Not A Game

My eyelids feel heavy. They droop as my body continues to move lazily and grumpily. I haven't had any decent sleeps since Gloss's accident. It has been a week. 7 days without Gloss waking up. 7 days without any good news. The news about Gloss being in an accident still roams around the school, and they continue to shoot me a hopeless look. Pity. Shame. They think it's my fault. It's true. It's my freaking fault.

The jocks have my back, supporting me if I ever fall down. When.

As I go to the cafeteria, all people go silent as soon as they see me walking to my friends. Beau blames me. Derek blames me. Kaila blames me. They all blame me. Except Ashton. Which pisses them. Ashton insisted on sitting with us. As usual, Beau shoots me a full of hate glare, Kaila just shifts uncomfortably, not looking at me, and Derek just eats his fries without bothering anyone. Ashton gives me a sad smile.

Dad insisted me to go to school, because I need to. How can I concentrate when the love of my life is lying on a hospital bed, still not waking up from the accident? How can be my mind in peace when they all look at me with pity and hate?

The crowd of students starts to murmur, shooting me concern glances and it pisses me off, to the point that my blood is now boiling, and the words are now on the tip of my tongue, threatening to come out and be heard. But somehow, even though it wants to be spilled, my mouth does it negative work, to shut. Tightly.

"Why, Noah?" Beau asks, faking innocent as he tilts his head to the side, looking at me with hateful eyes. "Does it bother you? The looks of the people throwing at you?"

"Shut it, Beau." Ashton warns, throwing a concern glance at me. I hate it. I hate the way they throw me unnecessary looks. I don't need it. I need Gloss.

"It's because it's your fault," continues Beau. My hands clench so hard it's starting to turn white, but I keep it on either of my side as I hang my head low. It's my fault. "If you hadn't entered his life again, he would have been with me, he would have been happy, and mostly, Gloss wouldn't have been in a fucking car accident."

"Stop now, Beau." Derek says.

"No," Beau says immediately, frowing at Derek. "This jerk has to know the consequences of his actions. What an asshole you are, Noah. He trusted you. He gave you himself. All of it. And you messed it up, for what? To protect your reputation? To protect yourself from bullying? To protect yourself from being judged by the world? Or have you finally realized that you don't want to be gay and be straight and fuck around?"

"That's too much, Beau." Kaila says, glaring at Beau. The jocks just sit awkwardly. The students are now looking at us. "I know you're hurt. But Noah can't take all the blame. But just be calm. We all know you're angry at him. I am, too. But like Ashton said, it's not his entire fault. Noah regrets it. I can see it. Ashton's the first one to see it. So just shut up and eat and study, and later, we'll go to the hospital and visit Gloss. Okay?"

"He doesn't regret it," counters Beau. "It's guilt. He's guilty of what he has done to Gloss."

"Do you think how much it hurts me to see him like that?" I ask through clenched teeth, my eyes welling up with tears as they threaten to pour out of my eyes. "To see him looking lifeless? Do you think how much it hurts me to know that I'm the reason why he got in an accident in the first place? You're selfish, Beau. We're both selfish."